Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonny66
    replied
    I'd say buy a nice cue with a bigger tip (one you can sell on) and then sell whichever one you like the least, or start a cue collection

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    if theres nothing wrong with it, then leave it lol

Leave a comment:

• dmorley85
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I said similar on one of the other threads. Sell to a pool player and buy a better spec cue for snooker.
    There's nothing wrong with my cue, it's a really nice cue. I was just wondering if a wider tip than 8.6mm would be better and if it would make much of a difference to the cue if it had to be slightly shortened and re-tapered to allow for this.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    Why are you so obsessed about the difference in diameter. And how did you come up with 9.7mm. lol. Chuck your cue away and get a new one
    I said similar on one of the other threads. Sell to a pool player and buy a better spec cue for snooker.

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    Why are you so obsessed about the difference in diameter. And how did you come up with 9.7mm. lol. Chuck your cue away and get a new one

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    You would likely be a bit more accurate with a larger tip, 8.6 is comically small though Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy used to use tips around that kind of size. Feel wise it would change a bit as the shaft would be thicker on your bridge hand, shouldn't take long to adapt to it though.

Leave a comment:

• dmorley85
    started a topic Shortening Cue - Yes Or No?

Shortening Cue - Yes Or No?

I've put a few questions about my cue on the forum recently so I don't mean to flood the forum! Just wondering if it's advisable or not to slightly shorten a cue so you can have a wider ferrule put on it? The ferrule on my cue is 8.9mm at the bottom and 8.6mm at the top so my tip size is 8.6mm. I know you can have a mushroomed tip so it's wider than the ferrule but I've never liked them and prefer my tip flush with the ferrule. Ideally I think I would like a 9.7mm tip which would mean slightly shortening the cue and re-tapering it. The wood beneath my ferrule is a tiny bit damaged as well so I think the cue needs to be shortened slightly anyway. Do you think 9.7mm is a better tip size for snooker than 8.6mm and will getting my cue slightly shortened to allow for a 9.7mm tip ruin my cue or change the feel of it? My cue is just over 57 inches from the bottom of the cue to the top of the ferrule and my grip hand is very rarely right at the end of the cue so this wouldn't be a problem if my cue was a bit shorter as I don't grip it right at the end anyway.

Any advice would be welcome
Working...
X