X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
    All of the above answers are, of course, assuming that the frame isn't part of an aggregate scores match, when the frame could legitimately end in tied points (unless it is the very last frame, when there would be a respotted black).
    I tend to not mention the "A" word as often the response I get is "eh? you wah?"
    :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• Londonlad147
    replied
    All of the above answers are, of course, assuming that the frame isn't part of an aggregate scores match, when the frame could legitimately end in tied points (unless it is the very last frame, when there would be a respotted black).

Leave a comment:

• snookerdad
    replied
    Re-spotted. The first foul or the first pot on the final black ends the frame.

Leave a comment:

• anish147
    replied
    Just to clarify, if player B fouled by missing the black on attempting to play a thin safety, for example, is the black re-spotted or do you carry on from where the balls are?

Leave a comment:

• bluenose1940
    replied
    Thank you, very much obliged.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Player B does not forfeit the frame because of the foul on the final black, Player B is penalised 7 points for the foul on the Black.
    The scores are now equal so a tie-break of respot black now occurs.

Rule 3.4 End of Frame, Game or Match
    (a) When Black is the only object ball remaining on the table, the first score or foul ends the frame excepting only if the following conditions both apply:
    (i) the scores are then equal; and
    (ii) aggregate scores are not relevant.
    (b) When both conditions in (a) above apply:
    (i) the Black is spotted;
    (ii) the players draw lots for choice of playing next;
    (iii) the next player plays from in hand; and
    (iv) the next score or foul ends the frame.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    Re-spot. One foul on the black ends the frame UNLESS the scores are tied.

Leave a comment:

• bluenose1940
    started a topic Another foul question

Another foul question

Player A is 7 points behind player B with the Black on the table and so, player A needs it to go to a re-spotted Black. Player B plays the Black but goes in-off, is that 7 points to player A followed by a re-spotted Black or, does player B forfeit the frame as it was a foul on the final Black?

Thank you.
Working...
X