Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty50
    replied
    PS. Last year in a local tournament a player was snookered. He was a bit frustrated so, swore, then smashed the cue ball at the snookering ball, making no attempt to escape from the snooker. The ref awarded the frame to the other player. NO prior warning. Immediate loss of frame for ungentlemanly conduct. Ref was a qualified ref who is sh** hot on the rules.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    As nifty says, Conduct - a warning first on first occurrence and apply appropriate penalty points; if behaviour continues, then ramp up penalty of awarded frame, then possibly Match.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Would be covered by Section 4. The Players. 4.1 Conduct. Ref could deem this to be "ungentlemanly" conduct and either warn the player OR award the frame OR if sufficiently serious award the match.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 15 September 2018, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    Ok spoke with my mate, he is 100 % sure that it is lose of frame by my opponent striking the cue ball for a second time in anger. Can someone show me the ruling on the situation?
    Cheers Ricky

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ricky2112 View Post
    Put me right of my game, I was two nil up and ended 2-2 but was hard not to let that situation affect my game.
    Cheers for reply,
    Ricky
    That's why he did it.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    What’s the rule in this situation.

I assume then he had played a red (or a baulk colour).
    It is a game-lesson to be able to move on without these situations staying in your mind and affecting your game.
    Last edited by DeanH; 7 September 2018, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    I got 4 point for the white supposingly going in the middle pocket. Cheers Dean that’s what I thought.
    Put me right of my game, I was two nil up and ended 2-2 but was hard not to let that situation affect my game.
    Cheers for reply,
    Ricky

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied

Ball in hand is only when the cue ball leaves the bed of the table; dropping into a pocket or forced off the table.
    In your situation the cue ball did not leave the bed of the table and you should have played from where the balls came to rest.
    You don't say but you did get penalty points for the foul on the cue ball (being hit more than once in a stroke)?

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    started a topic What’s the rule in this situation.

While playing a league match my opponent played a shot and screwed the white back towards the middle pocket but just before it went in he swung his cue in anger and whacked the white ball with the side of his cue and sent the white flying around the table. Fortunately the white never hit any other balls.
    Where the white stopped was down by the black perfect on a red, he said the white went in the middle and I was to be returned to the D.
    Two things went through my head, first being, is that not loss of frame?
    I was way ahead and thought at first he had conceded.
    Second thought was could I play from where the white stopped as it never entered the pocket and it wasn’t me that hit it.
    Anyway to save any argument and ruining a match I lifted it and put it in the D and played from there.
    What’s your thoughts on this situation, a ruling would be good.
    He did apologise later for his actions.

Cheers Ricky
Working...
X