Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    here will do
    look forward to seeing them

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    If anyone checks this it was over a year ago I started the project I'd restoring a 100 year old Brunswick 5x10 snooker table. I am happy to say it is complete and beautiful! I will pay pics here when I very home later. Unless there is somewhere else more appropriate to post pics?

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    Originally Posted by djax View Post
    Find a GREEN light.
    That would work, but unfortunately, the light is not changing.

Leave a comment:

• djax
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Toughie there being over there and the rest insisting on Blue.

Do they make the right sort of nap in anything but Green?
    Find a GREEN light.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Been playing snooker on and off for 40 years, i don't think my brain could handle a different colour, it would just be wrong
    Me too with that colour. Green, it has to be green

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    as far as I know Hainsworth and Strachan only make their snooker cloth in traditional green.
    Their pool cloths come in many colours.
    In theory it wouldn't be difficult to dye, if it could be delivered in enough time before fitting.

@OP: But it may have to be something darker than the original. Go try Mumsnet and\or a sewing clothes making Forum?

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    I just read the Simonis snooker cloth thread and I am not impressed with the reviews. I think I will, for the sake of everyone involved, no matter what color, go with their fast 760 cloth, not the snooker cloth. And jrc750, I totally understand

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by chad0131 View Post
    If you wouldn't, why? Is it a purist thing or a color thing, or something else? I'm really curious about all of this and trying to learn as much as possible.
    Been playing snooker on and off for 40 years, i don't think my brain could handle a different colour, it would just be wrong

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    If you wouldn't, why? Is it a purist thing or a color thing, or something else? I'm really curious about all of this and trying to learn as much as possible.
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Are blue cloths actually available ?
    I wouldn't personally in a million years, but if it keeps the wife happy that could be worthwhile ehh

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    Great way to put it.
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Get what suits the family - you can play a form of snooker on any nap/cloth for fun which still instilles some fundamentals of the game. at home I have a 7x4 ft slate bed pool table with napless camel cloth that I still have fun playing snooker on. The speed of run through and slowness on screw shots are the main difference but having grown up playing on anything I personally think this provides strength to a "learner" of both games.

Bottom line, any new snooker/pool talent will need talent - that will wonderfully always be evident in their first endeavours regardless of materials.
    Please keep the comments coming. I am still completely unsure of what to do and always willing to listen. You never know, yours may be the comment to sway me. So far, Cuecrafty is winning! LOL

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Get what suits the family - you can play a form of snooker on any nap/cloth for fun which still instilles some fundamentals of the game. at home I have a 7x4 ft slate bed pool table with napless camel cloth that I still have fun playing snooker on. The speed of run through and slowness on screw shots are the main difference but having grown up playing on anything I personally think this provides strength to a "learner" of both games.

Bottom line, any new snooker/pool talent will need talent - that will wonderfully always be evident in their first endeavours regardless of materials.
    An excellent thread opener, imho.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    I raised it in the Champ of Champs thread too re that table, carpet and surround would look better with a silver\grey cloth.

Leave a comment:

• chad0131
    replied
    That's the thing, I am not a snooker player and I am just getting into it. I'm definitely a newbie. There are literally no snooker tables that I can find within 60 miles of me. I haven't found any private tables yet either. Simonis offers the snooker cloth with directional nap in English green only. Simonis makes their 760 model cloth which is fast but not directional. Being a 10' table my kids will be able to play American pool on it as well (I think I can purchase 2 1/8th balls and I will have 2 1/16th snooker balls). Obviously I would have to give up some of the trueness of a snooker table to have a different color and have it playable for the kids. Still, opening this discussion to have just that an open discussion on the matter.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    as far as I know Hainsworth and Strachan only make their snooker cloth in traditional green.
    Their pool cloths come in many colours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X