Free ball snookered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free ball snookered

Hi guys i played a shot today on a freeball and i went for the shot but unintentionally snookered them behing the ball i nominated after the ball rattled the pocket and came out!

What we was wondering is, is this a foul because it was a snooker behind the nominated free ball? Even though i did take a shot
    Simon Whitehead
    www.snookermaniacs.webs.com
    My snooker blog looking at the life of my snooker dream

Originally Posted by Simon Whitehead View Post
    What we was wondering is, is this a foul because it was a snooker behind the nominated free ball? Even though i did take a shot
    Yes it is a foul, taking the shot has nothing to do with it, it is where the balls come to rest that counts.

Whether by accident or design, snookering with the nominated free ball is a foul; your opponent will have the usual two choices, play themselves or put you in from where the balls come to rest.

(in addition - when only the Pink and Black are on the table is the only time such snookering is allowed )
    Last edited by DeanH; 2 December 2018, 01:22 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

We're assuming that the nominated free ball is the closest snookering ball to the cue ball once the balls come to rest. Then it is a foul, but should there be another ball in the way, nearer to the cue ball, then that is the effective snookering ball and it wouldn't be a foul.

Dean, the incoming player would, of course, also have the option of playing a free ball himself from the position left, if the original free ball was the effective snookering ball.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
        Dean, the incoming player would, of course, also have the option of playing a free ball himself from the position left, if the original free ball was the effective snookering ball.
        yes of course
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X