Touching ball query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching ball query.

Hi , quick question. If I pot a red ball and the white finishes up resting on a colour, lets say the pink, can I select pink as my colour to play for and just play away from it without it then becoming a 6 point foul?

The reason I ask is because if the white is touching a red, you have to play away frm it and make sure the red its touching doesnt mve, and as far as I know, the white doesn't have to hit any other ball to avoid it becoming a foul, so I assumed the same rule applied to when your playing for a colour.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by AdtB View Post
    Hi , quick question. If I pot a red ball and the white finishes up resting on a colour, lets say the pink, can I select pink as my colour to play for and just play away from it without it then becoming a 6 point foul?

The reason I ask is because if the white is touching a red, you have to play away frm it and make sure the red its touching doesnt mve, and as far as I know, the white doesn't have to hit any other ball to avoid it becoming a foul, so I assumed the same rule applied to when your playing for a colour.

Cheers.
    Wait for confirmation as I'm no expert on the rules, but I'm almost certain the colour you're touching can be nominated and simply played away from. As with a red the same rule applies. The touching ball, colour or otherwise, mustn't move when you play your shot.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Yes you can nominate the ball the white is touching but you can’t use the ball the white was touching to snooker behind so let’s say it was pink you can play away from it and snooker behind any other colour

Comment

Originally Posted by David3286 View Post
        Yes you can nominate the ball the white is touching but you can’t use the ball the white was touching to snooker behind so let’s say it was pink you can play away from it and snooker behind any other colour
        Of course you can snooker your opponent behind the ball you were touching

Comment

Touching ball query.

You can just move away from a touching ball and not contact any other or you can contact any other ball you wish (just don't pot any ball not on foul).
          You can use the touching ball as a snookering ball as long as the touching ball is not a nominated free ball.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

I think you're getting confused with a free ball situation here. If a free ball is awarded after a foul, it's then that you can't snooker behind the nominated colour.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                I think you're getting confused with a free ball situation here. If a free ball is awarded after a foul, it's then that you can't snooker behind the nominated colour.
                Except when only pink and black are on the table then you can snooker behind the black nominated as a free ball.
                Sorry

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  (just don't pot any ball not on foul).
                  Just to highlight your poor use of defined terms here... you can never *pot* a ball in a stroke where a foul is committed, because a pot is defined as a *legal* pocketing of a ball on (or free ball).
                  Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                    Just to highlight your poor use of defined terms here... you can never *pot* a ball in a stroke where a foul is committed, because a pot is defined as a *legal* pocketing of a ball on (or free ball).
                    ah ha, yes, sorry about that

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                      What is the correct term when a ball goes into the pocket after a foul? Most folk say "potted".

Comment

yep most folk do
                        the correct term is "pocketed" for a non-scoring ball-in-pocket.
                        A pot is a scoring shot.
                        As LL147 said above
                        [I always forget that definition]

Comment

Working...
                        X