Snooker cue rest toes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker cue rest toes

What’s the best way to get the threads from the rest toes that have broke off and stuck inside the rest head?

Snooker cue rest toes

we have the same issue down the club.... the bar manager said he will get the bits left out. he said this week's ago and nothing done yet
    I said we should have got full 100% brass rests with none of these plastic bits
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The rests at my club are a joke, every one has at least one broke off and some three. The rest can’t even be placed on the table properly and the exposed edges of the rest heads are being dragged around the table which will cause damage to the cloth. I bought a load of the toes expecting to just screw them in but noticed every one has the plastic thread snapped off inside and impossible to remove unless you have the proper tools on hand to remove safely... frustrating😡

Comment

Snooker cue rest toes

yep same; )
        I was thinking of cutting a slot for a flat screwdriver and unscrew.
        or heating a thin metal and piercing the plug at an angle and rotating once cooled.
        or drilling the middle of the plug enough the the out edge folds in and plug removed....
        (Always staying away from the brass thread)

nope I have not thought about this at all

but the bar manager said he would......

Comment

Sounds like we need to get some brasses down the club??🤔

Comment

Snooker cue rest toes

when I said I was happy to do them, his look on his face was as if I was taking his whole job!!!

Comment

Thanks for that, my mate suggested drilling a slot and screw out with flat head screwdriver, tbh was wondering if it was worth doing as they’ll just keep getting broke, prob cheap Chinese plastic imports. Full brass heads can be bought for under a tenner on eBay, that might be the best solution long term.

Comment

Snooker cue rest toes

be careful as on ebay 'solid' brass rests on ebay turn out not to be solid

Comment

Found the solution to this, just drill them out. It only takes a minute and be sure to remove any loose bits that may be left in the thread and simply screw new toe in... simples!!!

Comment

cool

now if only I can get ours away from the bar manager

Comment

Originally Posted by black21920 View Post
                      Found the solution to this, just drill them out. It only takes a minute and be sure to remove any loose bits that may be left in the thread and simply screw new toe in... simples!!!
                      Drilling will probably damage the threads in the brass so don't, simply heat a long thin screw, push it into the plastic remains with a pair of grips, wait a couple of minutes for the plastic to cool and then unscrew.

As for the solid brass heads you can buy today, they don't seem to have a high X and low X anymore which is bloody annoying.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        As for the solid brass heads you can buy today, they don't seem to have a high X and low X anymore which is bloody annoying.
                        INDEED!!!!

Why on earth has this happened? It seems the same re Pro's on TV

Comment

Working...
                        X