Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences between the sight right system and traditional sighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anish147
    replied
    Have you tried it Frazz? Does it work for you? Sounds interesting, especially if the likes of ROS can find value in it - a muppet like me would probably find it very useful!

Leave a comment:

• frazz
    replied
    It's not just a gimmick, it's the only way you'll ever know where to stand to actually sight the shot correctly pre shot and on the shot, all other coaches pretty much give a rough idea, this give the exact line where u need to walk in

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    I don't think anyone can. Hence why there is a fee to find out...
    Bloody thread killer..... Lol!

The truth is, there isn't much to it. Don't bother with sight rite cues, they were a complete gimmick really for anyone other than someone who has no natural feel whatsoever for the angle of the shot but still has a desire to play the game.

The gist of sight rite is to stand behind the shot and sight the angle of the pot. As you will most likely not be standing in perfect position for the pot immediately the idea is you sight it then shuffle your feet slightly to get into the right position to get down on the shot.

I think you can learn much by watching sight rite trained pro's like Kyren Wilson, Stuart Bingham, Mark Williams and of course Ronnie more recently. I'm not saying it's rubbish,far from it, but it is re instating good fundamentals to sighting an angle that many players including Ron have taken for granted due to the level of natural talent.

Now if you decide to pay a Steve Feeney sight rite coach to tell you this and he divulges more information than this, we would all like to know.

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    I don't think anyone can. Hence why there is a fee to find out...

Leave a comment:

• Differences between the sight right system and traditional sighting?

Could someone point to any in depth explanation online of the differences between the sight right method of alignment and the more traditional kind of method of alignment or any other sighting styles come to think of it that may not be mentioned as much as the above?
Working...
X