Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did actually mention that in the second post of the thread. But it is very important and certainly worth repeating. Far more than the bare measurements affects the behaviour of the pocket.

Comment

You did. Sorry I missed it.

Comment

I am going to come back to this topic, and just say my thoughts on it.

Surely, the cushion would affect the 'tightness' of the pocket, if the cushion was a steel block cushion, then when the ball goes in the pocket, there would be more of a wobble effect in the jaws as the ball has a lot of speed due to the lively cushion. Also, the pocket leather, which in most clubs is old and hard, would affect the pocket as a ball may come out of the back of the pocket becuase it hit the hard leather.

Comment

Hello All!
          Statman thx for the valuable information.

I have a two questions:

1. You post a template - like this:

edges on that template referable to a end of the rubber or wood-rail (on which get sticky rubber)?

And second question:
          If somebody would post a few photo of rail\cushions near corner pocket without a cloth - for better understanding a construction of the rail.

It would be amazing for me!

Previously thx a lot!!! :snooker:
          Last edited by nideKer; 8 April 2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
            Hello All!
            Statman thx for the valuable information.

I have a two questions:

1. You post a template - like this:
            edges on that template referable to a end of the rubber or wood-rail (on which get sticky rubber)?
            As far as I know, the template is applied to the table AFTER the cloth and cushions have been fitted.

The template has to fit into the pocket opening, once the table has been fully assembled, snugly and without any wobble or incinsistent gaps between the edge of the cushion and the edge of the template.

By the way, please do not assume that I am an expert table fitter. I am most definitely not!

Comment

Thanks Statman!And a stupid question - if not secret - Where you have taken this picture?

Comment

Originally Posted by nideKer View Post
                Thanks Statman!And a stupid question - if not secret - Where you have taken this picture?
                The picture that you quoted was not mine!

Comment

ooops Sorry!
                  It picture from - moglet!

Then all questions above - spesial for moglet!

Comment

nideKer,

This link to Peradon and Fletcher gives you some idea of the rail without cloth:

http://www.peradon.co.uk/pages/equipment/cushions.html

I have some photos of steel block construction, but theses won't be much help if yours are wood block.

Comment

moglet Thx for the link!

it good information for me!

If to you it is not complex please post Your photos of steel block construction! I need it for undersending of the construction of rail\cushions.

And I have another one question. With a pocket templates I have understood, but with undercutting of rails ... If rubber must be undercutted (in pocket jaws) - then must be a template for undercutting the rail !? Or how can be a projected this knot ( pocket undercat, contiguity of the rails, etc)??!!

I Hope my question is understandable!

Comment

nideKer,

The drawings I put up were intended as a guide only, I notice the attachments are missing no doubt due to recent upgrades of the forum. The professional pockets do not have any undercut so there is no template for doing the undercut, amateur pockets can be undercut so there is a secondary template that sets the amount of undercut. I suspect that most fitters would set the undercut by eye and experience and not rely on the templates, I can add very little to what Geoff Large has posted elsewhere, perhaps he could give you the method he uses for doing the undercuts if you want yours this way.

I have put some images of a steel block rail "end" in this thread:
                        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=16314

Comment

Thanks again moglet!

Originally Posted by moglet View Post
                          The professional pockets do not have any undercut so there is no template for doing the undercut
                          hmmm, here You said about rails or rubber?
                          In the information on a forum I have received understanding about pockets, templates and undercutting but - If You said above, about rubber - I have a photo of the rail of table on which pass the Championship of the Europe - and there rubber is undercutted.

Or simply, I have got confused in terminology... Hope You`ll help me!

PS: Or on my photo it`s just cut of the rubber , and on your photo - it`s undercut?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by nideKer; 10 April 2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

nideKer,

Your photo does not look as if the rubber was undercut, the photos of mine in the other thread are of a set taken from a domestic table with amateur pockets, these were undercut.

This diagram might help to explain the degree and effect of undercutting the rubber:

Last edited by moglet; 30 August 2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

lifes in the pocket baby, lifes in the bag..... dont let your problems, become a drag

sorry just needed to get that off my shoulders
                              wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

!!! Ooooo!!! I think I have understood!!!! thanks a lot moglet and all! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X