Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul question

I saw this question:
    "if you miss a red hit a blue then the white hits the black. What is the foul value?
    5 because you hit the blue first
    If the black goes in would it then b 7? No it’s the first ball the white hits. Doesn’t matter what happens after that"

I am sure this last bit is incorrect; if the black is pocketed, the penalty would be the greater value of the two instances, so the penalty points would be 7.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

I am going to say that the initial statement is correct , as the foul was on the blue and that is the first foul . So would assume that whatever happens after that doesn't matter .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hmm I always thought it would be foul 7

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        I am going to say that the initial statement is correct , as the foul was on the blue and that is the first foul . So would assume that whatever happens after that doesn't matter .
        scenario 1 - Missed ball on, hit Blue (a foul), then hit black (not a foul) - penalty 5
        scenario 2 - Missed ball on, hit Blue (a foul), then hit black and pocketed it (a foul) - penalty 7
        forcing the black off the table is a foul and a greater value foul than the initial blue hit, so greater penalty

Rule 3.10 Penalties
        (b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by:
        (iii) causing a ball not on to enter a pocket;
        Last edited by DeanH; 8 August 2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Its 7. Highest of the fouls in a single stroke.

Comment

So that scenario only counts when the ball is either pocketed or leaves the bed of the table , and ends up on the floor .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

if you have multiple fouls in a single stroke, a penalty of four points occurs unless a higher value ball is concerned then the respective value is the penalty.

hitting the black after the blue was not a foul, hitting the blue instead of the red was a foul

pocketing the black is a foul, after hitting the blue which is also a foul but the black has a higher value so the higher penalty

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

scenario 1 - Missed ball on, hit Blue (a foul), then hit black (not a foul) - penalty 5
                scenario 2 - Missed ball on, hit Blue (a foul), then hit black and pocketed it (a foul) - penalty 7
                forcing the black off the table is a foul and a greater value foul than the initial blue hit, so greater penalty

Rule 3.10 Penalties
                (b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by:
                (iii) causing a ball not on to enter a pocket;
                Correct. As usual!
                Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  So that scenario only counts when the ball is either pocketed or leaves the bed of the table , and ends up on the floor .
                  Yes. The cue ball making contact with another ball after the first impact with a ball not on is irrelevant.

What happens after the initial contact with a ball not on only matters if a higher value ball is pocketed or forced off the table... or if the striker commits another foul (lie making contact with a ball not on with his cue, a rest etc).
                  Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
                  X