Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aligntment or sighting problem

hello wonderful people

i have a problem with my sighting and its really hard to fix, indeed how to fix!

info: im 25 male, been playing for 8 years
    have seen coaches in the past 6 years
    they have fixed almost all technical issues
    my highest break is 132
    my average break is 30-40 ( the problem is here)

i have this prblem where i see balls lined up but i consistently miss to one side of pocket depending on the angle ( an example when i finish high on black quarter ball on either side of table )
    now some of you might think that i need to practice that angle 10000 times, but its not that i dont practice the angles. its my eyes

recently i went to a coach, he said you must have come here to test me! because you look perfect, your timing, cueing, stance, bridge hand, front/back pause, follow through, body movement, staying still etc.
    after a while he said now he believes me. caz i told him what do i miss.
    he checked my alignment with lazer, 2 chalks etc, and it was perfect in the centre. he tried many things but he said he cant help me with my sighting problem

went to another coach after him
    spent 2 days on lazer, but i was dead straight on centre, so he said must be sighting issue

i asked these coaches could it be my right/left eye, they said it could be

went to opt to check to my eyes, and they said my right eye is stronger
    checked the youtube method, poiting at something and closing eyes to find which eye is dominat, so its right eye

went to the club, practiced with the cue slightly under my right eye ( felt so uncomfortable, missing every angle shot, thought maybe it effected my cueing aswell )
    played for a week, still the same. except that i was not any longer missing those high blacks and my long potting was bang on

however i put the cue slightly under left eye chin and it felt better and i was playing much better than the cue (default centre chin). however i still missed those high blacks

went to see a coach again and he said some people might be cross eye dominant

sometimes when you tilt your head and put the cue under left eye and because your head is tilted the right eye would be over the cue, which means even though the cue is towards left eye but u would still be using left eye

at this point im very confused, but im sure it has to do with sighting, since nothing is wrong with my technique, videos like hundreds of shots to detect something but nothing is wrong with technique

i hope someone in here could help me
    thank you

snooker alignment.jpg
    Last edited by snooker beast; 27 October 2019, 12:32 PM.

Originally Posted by snooker beast View Post

sometimes when you tilt your head and put the cue under left eye and because your head is tilted the right eye would be over the cue, which means even though the cue is towards left eye but u would still be using left eye
    I'm confused by this, it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Looking at the pictures you posted I'd say you simply have a stance issue where the butt of the cue isn't on the line of aim althought the tip is addressing centre cue ball, so playing across the line. To address this problem and put it right doesn't mean you have to start putting your cue under a different eye, you simply move your feet so that the butt of the cue is on the line, sighting should remain the same.

But if the picture on the left is how you normally cue, it defies belief that two coaches with a laser said it was perfectly lined up.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

found out my problem after a very long time
      i had backdisk for 10 years now, 5 years ago i had the surgery. in the sametime i started snooker too. until now i have seen many good coaches until today. recently most the coaches told me that they cant see any problem as i kept visiting them that theres is something wrong.

recently found out that the backdisk had cause me to turn my heap to the left and all my body weight were towards left leg, therefor the cue butt was towards my body when i put 2 chalks to check the alignment. and thats why the tip was towards right side of cue ball and thats y i was putting unintentional right hand side.

although when the coaches checked my alignment, they said its fine bcaz the butt was sometimes towards my body

now that i have found out that its the alignment problem
      how do i fix this?
      i did try to put my right leg straight, and right heap turned towards right body and this fixes the alignment problem, but since i have bad back disk it hurt alot.

any suggestion?
      thank you for all your support and kindness

Comment

i think as some one suggested you need to adjust your stance, a bit to the right by the looks of it. experiment until you get it right

Comment

Just something to ask, my other sport is shooting. I regularly get my eyesight checked which some time ago found I had permanent double vision!!
          The opticians now add a small prism into my prescription to remove the double vision, you might have a similar problems as the prism will cause the object ball to appear to move? you might want to have your eyes checked for prism correction, when you go for an eye test ask the optician to give you an alignment test for double vision, it usually involves looting at a vertical set of lines through a lens which effectively moves the line left to right and up and down etc to get the line straight.
          Alternatively I've had a few people who are not fully single eye dominant, I believe opticians use a centre field test to check this but it could explain what your seeing to some degree as the left and right eye take over the alignment duties at random, we fix it in shooting by applying some see through tape (not see through celotape but something like the pale grey see-through scotch tape is ok) to the left lens of the glasses so the eye still gathers light but takes no part in the stereo alignment process. Its cheep and works very well just cover the centre of the non aiming eye not the whole lens.
          good luck
          Must practice more!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker beast View Post
            found out my problem after a very long time
            i had backdisk for 10 years now, 5 years ago i had the surgery. in the sametime i started snooker too. until now i have seen many good coaches until today. recently most the coaches told me that they cant see any problem as i kept visiting them that theres is something wrong.

recently found out that the backdisk had cause me to turn my heap to the left and all my body weight were towards left leg, therefor the cue butt was towards my body when i put 2 chalks to check the alignment. and thats why the tip was towards right side of cue ball and thats y i was putting unintentional right hand side.

although when the coaches checked my alignment, they said its fine bcaz the butt was sometimes towards my body

now that i have found out that its the alignment problem
            how do i fix this?
            i did try to put my right leg straight, and right heap turned towards right body and this fixes the alignment problem, but since i have bad back disk it hurt alot.

any suggestion?
            thank you for all your support and kindness
            Go back to those coaches and get your money back. You have a stance that doesn't hurt but takes the butt of the the cue off the line of aim, there's no need to contort your body/neck/head into strange positions, as alabadi says you need to stand a bit to the right.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
            X