Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed tips for UK 8 ball pool

Hi all,

As the title suggests, what pressed tips do people reccomend for UK 8 ball pool.
    Maybe a top 3?

Appreciate there are numerous threads on this but times and opinions change.

Thanks

BB

If a pressed snooker tip is ok , I would toss up between an MW Supertip or the ADR .......not much between them to be fair . I personally like both .

Do Taom make a pressed tip ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

depends on what you like to feel from a tip?
      I prefer a soft/medium grippy tip, some like a rock hard slab of a tip!
      currently I have an old Blue Diamond from the 90s which is just great and I have only one left!
      on my snooker cue I have a Mike Wooldridge Super Tip (from the new batch which is back to how it was before he did a slight change and they were not that great) and I put one on a friend's pool cue and he really likes it.
      Some have said that the Century tips can be good for UK pool but not tried myself.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mine are pretty good but these days as a general rule anything but elks is ok!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          Mine are pretty good but these days as a general rule anything but elks is ok!
          Does that include the elk pro?

I fitted one of your calf skin tonight and it was very hard. The hardest tip I have ever played with in fact. Is that the norm or was it a duff one?

Comment

Originally Posted by BantamBatter View Post

Does that include the elk pro?

I fitted one of your calf skin tonight and it was very hard. The hardest tip I have ever played with in fact. Is that the norm or was it a duff one?
            The elk pros are silly money but better than the normal ones - my calf ones are medium hard - but when you play you should find them grippy - people like them anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

The elk pros are silly money but better than the normal ones - my calf ones are medium hard - but when you play you should find them grippy - people like them anyway.
              It was very grippy. No problems there.
              it was just very hard and I wondered if it was the norm.
              I let a few people try and they said it was very hard also.
              I fitted one for my mate last year and he said it was fantastic so always wanted to try one
              I guess it's difficult to convey how it felt.
              Is there a particular kind/brand/grade of tip you could compare yours to?

Comment

I couldn't even bite it off in frustration it was that solid ha ha

Comment

Originally Posted by BantamBatter View Post

It was very grippy. No problems there.
                  it was just very hard and I wondered if it was the norm.
                  I let a few people try and they said it was very hard also.
                  I fitted one for my mate last year and he said it was fantastic so always wanted to try one
                  I guess it's difficult to convey how it felt.
                  Is there a particular kind/brand/grade of tip you could compare yours to?
                  Not really - I prefer tips that are harder than that!!

Comment

Working...
                  X