• fkhan
    replied
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• snooker_bhoy
    replied
    Hmm, interesting, thanks guys...

Hi FK,
    The cue is very nice indeed, contrasts nicely with my ash pool cue. I haven’t had a chance to hit with it yet. I sometimes play in Hurricanes in Kings Cross, but need to find something closer to Rotherhithe/Peckham. Might see if the Peckham Liberal Club still has tables...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by snooker_bhoy View Post
    Thanks, it was more the back of the pack I was wondering about. I.e. if the ref can unintentionally pivot the triangle about that top red.
    cheers
    Ollie
    To illustrate here is a photo that shows the indicator clearly.
    As you probably have seen the referee pushes the triangle into the cushion to ensure the reds will be parallel with it when in place.
    The indicator is also used to align with the Black spot to line up with the middle of the table.
    To hep not pivot the pack as you move the pack from the cushion into position, the triangle has rollers underneath, or at least some do, to help withplacement.
    FYI the triagle you see the refs use is their own equipment, not issued by WST or WPBSA.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    If the pink and the top most red are in a straight line with the pink and black spots it is fine. Just wondering, how do you like your NHS Exquisite cue? Tried it yet?
    Last edited by fkhan; 4 June 2020, 08:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• snooker_bhoy
    replied
    Thanks, it was more the back of the pack I was wondering about. I.e. if the ref can unintentionally pivot the triangle about that top red.
    cheers
    Ollie

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    The triangle usually has a marker which shows the pink's position. Thus, positioning the reds automatically inside the triangle. Without such a triangle, it's upto the referee's judgement to spot the pink as close to the reds as possible avoiding a touching ball with the top most red.
    Last edited by fkhan; 4 June 2020, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• snooker_bhoy
    started a topic Reds triangle at start of game

Reds triangle at start of game

Hi everyone

in the tournaments, when the referee sets up the table before each game, are the reds positioned/centred using the referees judgment or is there some technology involved to make sure they are not off centre?
    thanks
    Ollie
Working...
X