No announcement yet.

My right elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading in an old coaching book from the 80s that the elbow position should never move and act as a fixed lever but technique was more mechanical back then and I think it was Hendry who made the relaxed grip popular where you grip the butt with all fingers when feathering but when you strike you allow the fingers to relax and are only holding the butt with the circle formed by the thumb and fore finger. That also means you can follow through more and results in the elbow dipping. My elbow used to move outwards when striking which will have been adding unwanted side so I had to spend a lot of time working on keeping it straight and having a relaxed grip and flexible wrist helped keep it aligned. The elbow dipping during a powerful shot isn't a problem butt moving from side to side definitely is.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Tried really hard to focus on straight cueing last night and keeping dead still. When it works it really works. My newly shaped tip and clamy bridge hand played havoc though.. I'll keep working at it.
      Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

Working...
      X