Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky sound on the brass rest head

Please suggest a fix for this problem.

When we cue a shot on the brass rest head, it makes a squeaky sound as the cue moves forwards and backwards. The sound sometimes distracts me.

the only time I get this is when the cue is freshly oiled, buffed but fresh and the brass rest head is a bit dirty, they don't get cleaned that often.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean. I sometimes hear it during Professional matches too.
      Last edited by fkhan; 14 June 2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        Please suggest a fix for this problem.

When we cue a shot on the brass rest head, it makes a squeaky sound as the cue moves forwards and backwards. The sound sometimes distracts me.
        Does it do it with the rest both way up ? Just curious.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If I understood you correctly, you mean to ask if that sound is audible on both the taller ends of the rest head. I did not observe it TBH. Will surely let you know when I try it.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            If I understood you correctly, you mean to ask if that sound is audible on both the taller ends of the rest head. I did not observe it TBH. Will surely let you know when I try it.
            Yep, just wondering. We have some really old proper brass rests in the club and the newer type that pretend to be brass but are some type of alloy and the angles of the Vs are different, I was wondering if that made a difference.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Yep, just wondering. We have some really old proper brass rests in the club and the newer type that pretend to be brass but are some type of alloy and the angles of the Vs are different, I was wondering if that made a difference.
              You could be right. The rests here are not good quality either.

Comment

Working...
              X