Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue sticking

Hi chaps

So I've used it twice and last night it was really close in the club so the cue was sticking to my clamy bridge hand no matter how much I wiped my cue (with a clean and dry microfibre cloth). I also put a bit of chalk on my hand (illegal?) to try and help it.

So far I've been a good boy and only wiped it very quickly with a slightly damp cloth and then dried it down with a dry cloth. But I'm so tempted to take some low grit sandpaper to it and then put beeswax on, worked on my old
    cue. Or should I get that cue silk stuff

PS Theres no varnish on it.
    Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

did you wash and thoroughly dry your hands as well?
    sticky cues is more often due to sticky hands and not the cue itself

especially in a hot and humid club
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeah I washed my hands when I went for a waz and it was much better for about 3 shots...

You reckon I should treat it with anything, this cue silk is supposed to be good or is that for when the cue gets older?

PS, I'll be going back to my old club anyway which has a much better ambiance lol

Comment

What make is it? Varnish makes cues sticky. 0000 wire wool can be used but be careful with it.
        Last edited by fkhan; 17 July 2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Wear a cue glove on your bridge hand for an immediate solution.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I've just given it a good rub down with 1500, 2000 then 3000. I then gave it plenty with Sheraton's Beeswax Balsam and its smooth and silky and I've spent no money. Worked on my old cue so I'll see how it goes. There's no varnish on this shaft thankfully. :snooker:

Comment

Did it stay straight? Sometimes when I put anything on my cues that's water-based the cue warps. That includes water-based spray-on varnish, water based wax, water-based furniture polish or just a wet rag. Now I only use oil-based stuff.

Comment

Stu in GBL sells little bottles of some kind of liquid, specifically for sticky cues, apparently a lot of pros are now using it when playing in humid countries to help the cue slide smoother on the bridge hand, might be worth a try? He put a tiny blob on some paper towel and rubbed it over the cue and it was instantly smooth.

Comment

Originally Posted by kramer8 View Post
                  Did it stay straight? Sometimes when I put anything on my cues that's water-based the cue warps. That includes water-based spray-on varnish, water based wax, water-based furniture polish or just a wet rag. Now I only use oil-based stuff.
                  S**t! I'll go check...

Comment

Originally Posted by kramer8 View Post
                    Straight as an arrow, phew. And smooth as polished glass. I'm sticking (no pun) with this technique. Turpentine based with linseed oil.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...l-formula-75ml

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                      Stu in GBL sells little bottles of some kind of liquid, specifically for sticky cues, apparently a lot of pros are now using it when playing in humid countries to help the cue slide smoother on the bridge hand, might be worth a try? He put a tiny blob on some paper towel and rubbed it over the cue and it was instantly smooth.
                      Yeah I've read about it but at ?2.50 a pop for Lord Sheraton's Beewax Balsam I don't think I'll bother with anything else, it lasts forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X