X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by vucko117 View Post
    they have played in all PTC events?
    No, that's not it.

It looks like a tricky question, as these men are all considered to be journeymen and mostly associated with the qualifiers. But the answer is actually something they have in common at the venue stages, and it's not in the terribly distant past either.

Comment

• another clue pls

Comment

• Originally Posted by circle View Post
        another clue pls
        OK... It's not a positive achievement. They have all been "victims" of something in recent years. These four are the only players so far, but a couple of other players only just avoided it. There is a decent chance other players will join the group in the future, perhaps even this season.

Comment

• None of them won a frame on their tele debut
          Easy on the garlic....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Drac View Post
            None of them won a frame on their tele debut
            Nope, that's not it either. It's nothing to do with their early career, you only need to consider the last five years or so.

Comment

• Ok, let's get this one answered...

We are looking for the common link between Dunn, Lawler, Norman and Jogia.

They have all been the victims of something at the venue stages of certain events in the last five years. It's something that a couple of other players only just avoided, also in this time period. If it helps, the players who came closest to joining the group in the past are Nigel Bond, Tom Ford and Bjorn Haneveer.

When I said in a previous post that other players could join the group this season, I can now tell you that one particular player is in pretty immediate danger. I will not tell you who exactly it is, because that would make it a bit too easy, but it is one of the players who played a decider in the World qualifiers yesterday.

Comment

• Is it something about deciders?
                Last edited by missneworleans; 14 March 2011, 10:53 AM.
                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• All lost to wildcards at venue stages?

Comment

• Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                    Is it something about deciders?
                    Nope, nothing about deciders.

Originally Posted by northerner View Post
                    All lost to wildcards at venue stages?
                    They have all lost to wildcards, yes. But that doesn't quite answer my question, as there are other players who also share that link. You are certainly on the right track though.

Comment

• without looking it up, Tian Pengfei? (but he's not in this year so nobody in imminent danger) So No.

Comment

• They all lost to Ya Delu!
                        Nice quiz, but it was northerner who got the idea I just found a name.
                        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• But having decided I'm on the right track, and noting that Gerard Greene is next on the chopping block for Yu Delu, who frequently beats pros in China... Asian 6-red champion Yu Delu is the link.

Comment

• That's my slow internet, that is. I had it hours ago... but Greene's draw wouldn't load.

Comment

• Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
                              They all lost to Ya Delu!
                              Nice quiz, but it was northerner who got the idea I just found a name.
                              And I spelled it better, so it's mine!

Comment

• Can I set the next one?

Ding Junhui, Marco Fu, Michael Holt, Nigel Bond, David Roe, Daniel Wells, Liu Song, Xiao Guodong but sadly not Jimmy White

(assuming we were right about the last one that is....?)
                                Last edited by northerner; 14 March 2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X