No announcement yet.

3 yellows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the yellow as a free ball (ie acting as a red) its ok to pot two reds (or more) at a time
    (as long as you hit the yellow first)

Comment

quite right jrc.

Comment

so what's my prize?

Comment

TW 2010 model cue. will post when it is ready, May 2014

Comment

i have a wonderful memory and will hold you to it!

Comment

lol,so you like thick warped cues

Comment

Player has a free ball on the last red and nominates yellow as his free ball. He then strikes yellow first but goes on to pot both red and the yellow, scoring two points. He then takes the yellow as his colour, which is then spotted to be potted as the first of the six colours.

Comment

your a bit late mate - already got same answer in post 12

Comment

Yes, for some reason I skipped from page 1 to page 3!

Comment

The only way is this...player B fouls with one red left on table in jaws of pocket but leaving player B a free ball. Yellow is directly in line with red over pocket.

Player A nominates yellow as his free ball and pots BOTH red and yellow (2 points), then takes yellow as his nominated colour after potting a red and then takes his third yellow as part of the colours

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

3 yellows

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        The only way is this...player B fouls with one red left on table in jaws of pocket but leaving player B a free ball. Yellow is directly in line with red over pocket.

Player A nominates yellow as his free ball and pots BOTH red and yellow (2 points), then takes yellow as his nominated colour after potting a red and then takes his third yellow as part of the colours

Terry
                        Terry, why do you say red as to be in the jaws,surely it can be anywhere on the table, apologies if i have misinterpreted you.

Comment

I set it up that way as it's the easiest to visualize and also since that is the most common occurance where a player pots 2 balls.

Of course the last red can be anywhere on the table but to get the 3 yellows in a row the play MUST pot both yellow and red on the first shot.

The red being over the pocket is the easiest way to do it unless you happen to be a very expert billiards player or can judge cannons, plus it wouldn't be a fluke on the red if it's in the jaws.

Terry
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

no argument from me Terry,good explanation for people who aren't sure.

Comment

As a new player, this quiz was actually quite helpful with the nuances of the rules.

Comment

While we`re quizzing How about lowest total clearance?
                                " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

Working...
                                X