3 yellows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
    That's NOT a total clearance though, as a total clearance is defined as the legal potting of every ball on the table at the start of the frame, well certainly that is what is implied by the phrase
    Hear! Hear! Fouling on the black does *NOT* make that a total clearance. 99.9% of players and referees will tell you that a total clearance means legally potting *ALL* the balls.

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
      Player A has free ball, pots yellow as free ball then pots yellow as nominated colour he then plays at a red but mis cues and hits the yellow instead potting it for the 3rd time??

Nope

Those saying freeball yellow on its own cant be because if its the freeball then if its potted and no reds are left then it goes and stays down

Comment

Originally Posted by PaddyLowson View Post
        Nope

Those saying freeball yellow on its own cant be because if its the freeball then if its potted and no reds are left then it goes and stays down
        This was answered a while ago bud.
        foul and free ball on the last red, player nominates yellow, pots the red AND yellow in the same shot, yellow gets re-spotted, player nominates yellow as his colour (after using it as a red for the freeball shot), and pots it again (up to two consecutive pots on it now..), and it gets re-spotted again to act as the first ball of the colours, so player pots it again. This makes 3 consecutive pots on the yellow, all legal shots, and stupidly hard worked break of 6!
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

All the answers to the total clearance question are wrong.
          The right answer is 31.
          I will explain if asked.

Roy Bacon

Comment

Originally Posted by roykay View Post
            All the answers to the total clearance question are wrong.
            The right answer is 31.
            I will explain if asked.

Roy Bacon
            In which case, I will ask!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
              This was answered a while ago bud.
              foul and free ball on the last red, player nominates yellow, pots the red AND yellow in the same shot, yellow gets re-spotted, player nominates yellow as his colour (after using it as a red for the freeball shot), and pots it again (up to two consecutive pots on it now..), and it gets re-spotted again to act as the first ball of the colours, so player pots it again. This makes 3 consecutive pots on the yellow, all legal shots, and stupidly hard worked break of 6!
              Just to add to this - it could also happen of course (though far less likely) with any number of reds remaining on the table as long as they are all potted along with the free-ball yellow in the initial shot.

PS you mention a hard-work break of 6 - I saw an opponent make a break of 8 in six balls not long ago: red-yellow-red-yellow-two reds- and then a safety shot!

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
                you mention a hard-work break of 6 - I saw an opponent make a break of 8 in six balls not long ago: red-yellow-red-yellow-two reds- and then a safety shot!
                Haha. It makes you stand up and ask yourself why you bothered! My best break was a 49 once. Pink and black were both tied up, and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't open them as most reds had wound up north of the pink spot (they were on the black cushion) so made the break using mostly baulk colours. I think I had 2 or 3 blues, the rest were yellow, green and browns!

After I did that and the opponent said 49, I thought - Never again! Too much hard work for 49 points! Next time, I'll play to get the black out and make sure I do, even if the break breaks down, I'd rather that than the black be dead all frame! Making breaks is much easier with them available!
                If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Actually my answer is to the wrong question.
                  31 is the lowest total possible score for both players in one frame.
                  Roy Bacon

Comment

Originally Posted by roykay View Post
                    Actually my answer is to the wrong question.
                    31 is the lowest total possible score for both players in one frame.
                    Roy Bacon
                    What about this scenario:
                    Player A takes a shot in which all 15 reds are pocketed but also the cue-ball goes in-off. Player B, now 4-0 in front and on the colours, misses the yellow Player A clears the 20 points up to the pink and has therefore won the frame 20-4.

Comment

Yes you are right except that the black has to be potted for the sake of the quiz. Total therefore is 31.
                      RB

Comment

Just read all of the answers to the first question - can't believe no-one simply said "english pool"

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAce View Post
                          Just read all of the answers to the first question - can't believe no-one simply said "english pool"
                          lmfao.... that actually made me chuckle..
                          what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAce View Post
                            Haha. Yeah, that was a schoolboy error missing that one!

Comment

There is one red left on the table; I'm given a free ball; I nominate yellow and pot the yellow and the last red in the same shot (2 points);
                              I again nominate yellow having potted the last red and pot the yellow (2 points); I then pot the yellow in the normal sequence (2 points).

Comment

Originally Posted by maderic View Post
                                There is one red left on the table; I'm given a free ball; I nominate yellow and pot the yellow and the last red in the same shot (2 points);
                                I again nominate yellow having potted the last red and pot the yellow (2 points); I then pot the yellow in the normal sequence (2 points).
                                Well done but this has been answered back in post no. 12

Comment

Working...
                                X