Guess the member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
    Number 7 may have come from a Jimmy White fan. jw147, perhaps?
    I'm just trying my luck
    A Hendry fan actually.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      A Hendry fan actually.
      Yep, it's Khizzy and what better idol to worship
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

HI TERRY you are right is was me ALEX was such a great player in those days he use to put a lot of english on the cue ball and to this day still enjoy his matches in the eighties cheers Leonard

Comment

Sorry for not revisiting this thread in a while...

Thanks to everyone who posted, here are the answers:

1 - vmax4steve - Getting annoyed by hero worship, bad parenting and unimaginative journalists among other things. Well done to checkSide and montoya10.

2 - The Boss - Pretty obvious, since no one else has ever put Mark King and Joe Perry alongside O'Sullivan as the three big favourites for any title. Well done to montoya10.

3 - the montrealer - Talking about meeting Alex Higgins in the 70s, in his unmistakable posting style, and of course the customary province alongside every Canadian city. Well done to Terry Davidson.

4 - montoya10 - Giving up on the 2010 World Open just before the final, because O'Sullivan-Robertson is an underwhelming prospect compared to O'Sullivan-Williams, which was a possibility earlier in the day. Well done to montoya10 for at least suspecting it was him.

5 - noel - The great man with his signature off-topic contribution in a discussion about Ricky Walden, whose manager may or may not be a "ginger toad". Well done to crucible77.

7 - khizzy - Celebrating Stephen Hendry's birthday by taking a cake to his snooker club. Great stuff. Well done to eaoin11.

8 - Mr P - Another easy one. Who else but Mr P would talk about running a competition like this and ask for feedback before fully committing. Needless to say, this was as far as this particular idea ever got. Well done to crucible77 and hotpot.

9 - steven - A grand lover of snooker players' heights. At this point 47 of his 49 posts are on the "Who is the tallest player on the circuit?" thread, and one of the remaining two is about heights as well. Well done to spike.

10 - wildJONESEYE - As usual, no tolerance whatsoever for "incompitance", talking about the investigation of the Maguire-Burnett controversy. well done to spike and hotpot.

That just leaves number 6 unanswered... Here is the quote again:

Originally Posted by 6
          The only disapointing thing i heard about Martin is that his favourite movie is 8th Mile. That's THE WORSE movie ever made.

Before the second session i had a fight with my pool club mates about Martin Gould. They bet at the bookies that he will lose, regarding that they have never heard about him and don't know **** about snooker. I told them that he is a class act, especialy for the likes of Neil Robertson. I'd like to see their faces after this session
          Talking about the 2nd round match between Neil Robertson and Martin Gould at the 2010 WC, when Gould was 11-5 ahead after two sessions.

Comment

Number one with a bullet, thanks mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
              I hope we´ll get the right answers sometime. And this is fun, we could have some more.
              Right, for anyone with nothing better to do this weekend, I've dug out some more... :smile:

Once again it's ten quotes belonging to different TSF members, hopefully a bit trickier this time. They are either "typical" posts in terms of style or content, or just something interesting or unusual someone has posted.

If you haven't seen the "first round" yet and would like to have a go, here is the original post, and here are the answers. :wink:

Now for the second round...

Originally Posted by 11
              When Willie Thorne decides that a player is about to play the 'wrong shot', I've always felt that he begrudges them getting it (as it effectively proves him wrong) but tonight during the Ding Vs Maguire match he made a comment that I found utterly staggering. Ding needed a couple more pots to seal the frame and decided to take a very risky black along the bottom cushion. As usual, Thorne began his critisising before Ding had even played it, saying it was the wrong shot and that he shouldn't be taking it. Ding did take it, however, and despite not striking the ball too well, the black just about dropped. This was Willie's comment that followed up the pot: "I actually feel a little bit sorry for Stephen there. Ding played the wrong shot and it might've won him the frame."

Unbelievable!
              Originally Posted by 12
              right there is one thing i need to clear up here. ronnie is a snooker player not a genius. it drives me mad when people talk nonsense of this sort, the willie thorns etc of this world say this kind of rubbish because they have run out of superlatives due to their lack of vocab. it annoys me the same way teenagers describing a pair of trainers as 'awesome' annoys me, its a pair of bloody trainers they are in no way awesome! a volcano is awesome a pair of trainers is a pair of trainers.
              Originally Posted by 13
              His technique is nowhere near that of Davis in the last thirty years or so , in fact all my team mates in my local league team have better techniques than him(me included)
              I will stand by my beliefs that Davis in the eighties would smash him into the ground,
              Hendry playing well and O'sullivan playing well would NEVER lose to him in a match of importance.Its not to say that I dont have respect for him as a player because I do but all this talk of Mark Williams being an all time great I ,and others think is a bit of a joke.
              Originally Posted by 14
              This is for all you jimmy white knockers out there you say he should not be given the wild card .well i 'like thousands more would rather watch jimmy play than some unknown at least he will fill the place' and as for mark an average player at his best king if he was playing snooker in my garden i would shut the curtains hope you will all come back on after jimmy dumps him .
              Originally Posted by 15
              Well I enjoyed watching Selby once, when he made that cross double right in front of Ronnie's face, on the decider of the 2010 Masters.
              Originally Posted by 16
              We'll never see another 18-3 in a crucible final and we will also never again see the winner drop 23 frames or less all championships at the crucible because there are far too many good players around now.

Snooker is in a far better shape when the world champion drops around about 50 frames all championships rather than 23 frames that used to be the case once upon a time.

Any world championship final that ends up 18-3 is a very poor contest. There's nothing about an 18-3 to get enthralled about at all.
              Originally Posted by 17
              Yes we finally have a number 1 who is truly the number 1. I'll be shocked if he doesn't retain the UK and win the WC this season. His game is far and away above anyone else. Yes Higgins on form can beat him but he's not this consistant and too often puts in an average or poor performance, I can't remember the last time Trump played average, its frightening to be in form week after week after week.
              Originally Posted by 18
              "most of the given names are usually 2 syllables too, with small exceptions, like Jin Long"
              "in Ding's case, "Ding" is the surname, his middle name is "Jun", and "Hui" is actually his given name..."

these are straight quotes from your postings, cut and paste minus the stupid smileys you put at the end to try and look cute.
              of course both of these statements are plain wrong, which you still haven't addressed and like a true internet troll, you have resorted to insults instead - but obviously you are really stupid since you are posting in chinese, a language that you don't understand - and if i post something back in chinese you will have to go and ask your girlfriend who will have to look it up in a dictionary - besides being a total waste of time and space, if that is the most your girlfriend could come up with, she must be really stupid too. mongoloid love story perhaps, haha.

heres some translation for your gf, troll:
              你跟你女朋友 是柠檬头,老鼠眼,鹰勾鼻,八字眉,招风耳,大翻嘴,老羌牙,灯芯脖子,高低膊,长短手,鸡胸 ,狗肚,饭桶 腰,我要是你們, 我早就自尽了.
              Originally Posted by 19
              Thanks! .. though, I've already seen this video, but it's always a pleasure watching my deaaaar Neil. I actually wrote an essay yesterday.

"My immortal" was the song that went with my mood yesterday... or "4:AM Forever"...

but, today is a new day, feeling better already, thanks to Brettski, and my dear friend Amelia... (who is a BIG Neil fan too and was crying yesterday too lol )

and, come to think of this... It has been good for Neil.. first semifinal, and I also heard from trusted people that he is happy (as always) and looking forward to the next championship. The bright side is, I won't see his girlfriend on TV (I have nothing against her really, I think she's nice, except it wouldn't be pleasant for me as you know.. )
              Originally Posted by 20
              Thanks for keeping the cheering squad alive cue1! :smile::biggrin::snooker:

You'll have to do it today as well though! But I'll start the cheer off nice and early :wink:

Come On Mark A!!!

Isn't it strange that all quater-finals were won by the same scoreline?

And of course a massive congratulations to Mark Williams and Shaun for winning yesterday in my absence! :smile::snooker:
              And here is one of the originals that is still unanswered:

Originally Posted by 6
              The only disapointing thing i heard about Martin is that his favourite movie is 8th Mile. That's THE WORSE movie ever made.

Before the second session i had a fight with my pool club mates about Martin Gould. They bet at the bookies that he will lose, regarding that they have never heard about him and don't know **** about snooker. I told them that he is a class act, especialy for the likes of Neil Robertson. I'd like to see their faces after this session
              How many can you get without looking it up? :smile:

Comment

excellent Odrl
                well there are only two that stand out to me:
                18. is "everyone's friend and non-offensive poster" - arbitrage
                20. my punt is for Byrom (you forgot the red font )
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

17 is yours truly! My god reading back its amazing how you get lost in the moment and make wild predictions! I'm a bit red faced now.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    17 is yours truly! My god reading back its amazing how you get lost in the moment and make wild predictions! I'm a bit red faced now.
                    That's called passion Cueman, shows it means something to you, nothing wrong with that.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                    X