What's the score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the score?

Blue, pink and black left and opponent's just fowled and left a free ball.

I choose the pink, play it onto the blue and pot both the blue and pink, what's score do I get, 5 or 10?
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
    Blue, pink and black left and opponent's just fowled and left a free ball.

I choose the pink, play it onto the blue and pot both the blue and pink, what's score do I get, 5 or 10?
    You get 5. Blue stays in pocket, pink spotted.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeah I figured five but it's one of them you never see until you're ref'in!!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

What's the score?

The only time when the value of multiple balls being potted in a single strike are accumulated is with Reds when Reds are on.

Comment

Dean was spot on as usual! Five points scored, blue stays down, and pink respotted.

Comment

Am I correct in the following scenario:
            Red on, snookered, Blue selected as free ball, Blue struck onto a Red, both Red and Blue potted, score of 2, Red remains off table, Blue spotted.
            As I mentioned before the only time ball values are accumulated are when Reds are on, the Free ball has the value of a Red for this stoke. Yes?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Red on, snookered, Blue selected as free ball, Blue struck onto a Red, both Red and Blue potted, score of 2, Red remains off table, Blue spotted.
              As I mentioned before the only time ball values are accumulated are when Reds are on, the Free ball has the value of a Red for this stoke. Yes?
              I would agree with that

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Yes, that's right. This has been in the rules for as long as I can remember, and the dubious logic proffered is that, at the start of a frame, there are 15 reds, so it is perfectly feasible to pot more than one red in one stroke, whereas with the colours there is only one of each, so it is never possible to pot more than one. Not sure I really agree with that logic, but who are we to disagree?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
                  Yes, that's right. This has been in the rules for as long as I can remember, and the dubious logic proffered is that, at the start of a frame, there are 15 reds, so it is perfectly feasible to pot more than one red in one stroke, whereas with the colours there is only one of each, so it is never possible to pot more than one. Not sure I really agree with that logic, but who are we to disagree?
                  The opposing argument being that you should score for every ball you pot, (as is always the case apart from this exception), and that therefore you ought to score for both the free ball and ball on, if both are potted in one shot. It would arguably be more logical to stick to this principle instead.

Comment

Working...
                  X