Another snooker quiz , enjoy !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another snooker quiz , enjoy !!

Hi all , haven't posted in a while , just got the idea of another quiz thread after reading the one started by 147JIm yesterday , here's another for you if you want to give it a go , no googling plz .

1. what noteworthy thing did ronnie o sullivan do in the crucible straight after losing to graeme dott in the 2006 world championship semi final ?

2. when ronnie conceded the match to stephen hendry in the 2006 uk championship quarter final with only five frames played who was hendry's opponent in the semi final ?

3. who was judd trump's first ever opponent at the crucible ?

4. who did stephen lee beat by 9 frames to 2 to win the 1998 grand prix ?

5. mark williams made his only crucible 147 in the first round in 2005 , who was his opponent ?

6. in the 2000 world championship graeme dott complained that his opponent went to the toilet after every frame in an attempt to timewaste and frustrate him , who was his opponent ?

7. who beat ali carter 9-8 in the 2012 uk championship semi final after trailing 4 - 8 ?

8. the just retired peter ebdon once fell to the floor in frustration after his opponent fluked the snooker of a red behind a blue , who was his opponent ?

9. i heard hazel irvine once say that a current pro snooker player may have been a lawyer if it wasn't for snooker , who is he ?

10. who did dennis taylor lose to in fhe first round in 1986 in his attempt to defend his world championship ?

I only know number one

This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

1. Is this when he gave his cue to a kid in the crowd?
      2. Higgins?
      3. No idea, maybe someone like McCulloch?
      4. Marco Fu
      5. Rob Milkins
      6. Pretty sure than was Steve Davis
      7. Selby?
      8. Jamie Cope
      9. Not a clue
      10. Joe Johnson?

Comment

Ah, these look fun. Let's see... :smile:

1 - He gave his cue away to a member of the audience.
        2 - Graeme Dott. Great match, as was the other SF between Ebdon and Higgins. Too bad the final didn't live up to the expectation. :smile:
        3 - Shaun Murphy.
        4 - This one I don't know. Mark Williams perhaps?
        5 - Robert Milkins. I remember staring at the live scoring as it was happening. It's a good job they at least showed us the footage later. :smile:
        6 - Haven't heard that one before. Someone like Ian McCulloch perhaps? I know Dott didn't much care for his attitude when they played in 2007. :smile:
        7 - Shaun Murphy.
        8 - Jamie Cope. We had a whole thread about it, full of the usual nonsense from people who hated Ebdon. :smile:
        9 - Sounds familiar but I don't remember who the player was. I don't know... Gary Wilson?
        10 - Mike Hallett?

Comment

Number one he gave this away!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

9 could be Dom dale?

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              Number one he gave this away!

isn't that piece on the right an extension ? yet it has a section for a further extension ?

Comment

post #4 ahh yes Odrl , i should have stuck to pre 2004 and kept a log of all ptc events , wouldn't have been a bad idea as i quite enjoyed them , i'll give the answers around friday :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  I only know number one
                  And me, tough quiz!
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

isn't that piece on the right an extension ? yet it has a section for a further extension ?
                    no,it is a cue, 3/4 plain butt
                    supposedly previously owned by John Higgins for a short time
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

yes Dean i noticed that from youtube afterwards , still don't know why he's carrying two butts in the box , i'd get two shafts to avoid re - tipping but not two butts .
                      Last edited by trains; 14 May 2020, 03:46 PM. Reason: shafts forgotten vocab

Comment

1 .he gave his cue to someone in the audience .

2. Graham dott , who lost the semi 9 - 7 , agreed Odrl very good match .

3. Shaun murphy

4. Marco fu

5. Robert milkins

6. Steve davis

7. Shaun murphy

8. Jamie cope

9. Joe perry ( no reference to this on google at all i don’t think )

10. Mike hallett
                        Last edited by trains; 15 May 2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify , all i can find referring to perry being a lawyer is that he studied a - level law during his schooldays , is a bit of a mental handstand to connect the dots but thats modern broadcasting for you i suppose .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            Just to clarify , all i can find referring to perry being a lawyer is that he studied a - level law during his schooldays , is a bit of a mental handstand to connect the dots but thats modern broadcasting for you i suppose .
                            Yep I could have been a snooker pro, I knew all the names of things when I was at school. Cue, balls, rest etc, I don't know where it went wrong, I ended up being a lawyer.
                            ( that's not true)
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I think it was a one piece and he used it for a fair few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X