Ssb - shanghai build-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - shanghai build-up

Ali Carter, Mark Allen and Mark Selby have been in China for the last week doing promotional work ahead of the Roewe Shanghai Masters.

This is an important part of being a professional in any sport and it also helps players to build their own profiles.

I wish more of it was done in the UK, although the Chinese media is rather more interested in snooker than their British counterparts.

At least Ali and the two Marks aren't going to have any problems with jetlag having got used to the time difference between the UK and China.

More...

these three will deffo have an advantage having adapted to the sticky humid conditions

Comment

Originally Posted by BBMJP View Post
      these three will deffo have an advantage having adapted to the sticky humid conditions
      I dont think that will play that much of a part once the tournament gets underway.

We shall see anyway..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I do wonder how those in the Premier League tonight will be affected, not sure if jetlag comes into it or whatever. I've never been abroad myself so can't really say!

In fact how early do the players generally travel out there? Will the others be there yet?
        sigpic
        http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt_2745 View Post
          I do wonder how those in the Premier League tonight will be affected, not sure if jetlag comes into it or whatever. I've never been abroad myself so can't really say!

In fact how early do the players generally travel out there? Will the others be there yet?
          For what I know many players will fly on Friday. Jet lag can really wreck you. However how bad it is depends on the person and for a particular person on the trip. Sometimes you get over it rather easily and sometimes you can't find a rythm and you end up totally exhausted. It usually is worse when you travel to the east but don't ask me why. It's just what I have experienced many times and other people as well.
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Working...
          X