Ssb - david gray statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - david gray statement

Management group 110sport have issued the following statement about David Gray after a Thai newspaper reported that the former Scottish Open champion had been found unconscious in a street in Pattaya wearing only his underpants:

The boss of snooker star David Gray says he wants the player to seek help after he was found unconscious lying beside a busy road in Thailand.

The 30-year-old from Chiswick, a former ranking title winner and a regular practice partner of Jimmy White, was rescued by paramedics afterbeing found collapsed and wearing only his underpants in a grove in the Thai holiday resort of Pattaya.

Now Lee Doyle, head of Gray's management company 110sport Group, says he is willing to do whatever it takes to help Gray who has admitted he blacked out after drinking with friends and woke to find himself on a trolley in the Banglamung Hospital.

"Reports are still a bit sketchy as to what actually happened with David. But these are highly irregular circumstances for anyone to find themselves in - especially a professional sportsman visiting a foreign country," admitted Doyle to 110sport.tv.

"Naturally we concerned about David. I think it only right to hear David's version of events and try to piece together the full picture before taking the next step.

"David is a hugely talented player and has to give himself every chance of getting back to where he once was in the game. And the first move to achieving that might be confronting any problems he might have."

My view is that Gray is entitled to take holidays and enjoy himself but that World Snooker, having given him a discretionary wildcard to carry on playing on the main tour this season, could be forgiven for taking a dim view of this.

More...

Classic action.

Comment

Nothing new then, I'm afraid. This just confirms what most of us have already known about Gray. It's a shame really, but if this is the way he wants to go..

Comment

disaster...
        ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

What a shame. Such a great player, he could have achieved so much more but wasted his talent.

Comment

Very sad to hear..
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

He`ll look back in a few years and realise "what a plonker!" funny cos I was on you tube earlier today and stumbled across him making a 139 against Joe Perry in a semi-final.
              " For those of you in black & white, the blue is behind the yellow"

Comment

i don't see where's the shame in all that!? if he's so weak and shallow person... so be it! he doesn't deserve to be a pro player in this gentleman's sport!!! he's just bad advertising for snooker!!! addict... world snooker should ban him for life from professional snooker after this!!!

Comment

Hang on a minute he hasn't brought the game into disrepute. He's made himself look like a binge drinking chav but his behaviour is in no way connected to his conduct as a snooker player. It's possible he's just got a bit wrecked on his holiday which is no great sin, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Comment

yes you cant ban people for being idiots or half TSF Members would be banned

seriously he needs help and banning him would only drive him more in to drink and who knows where that would end up.

Comment

We've all been there
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

but he's not a normal person drunk on holiday, he's snooker pro, walking commercial for the sport, role model for kids who want to become pro's... nice picture he's sending from his holiday to the sport...

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                          We've all been there
                          I think Gray has been there a few times too many, for a professional sportsman anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vex 147 View Post
                            but he's not a normal person drunk on holiday, he's snooker pro, walking commercial for the sport, role model for kids who want to become pro's... nice picture he's sending from his holiday to the sport...
                            This week we could see John Higgins playing without a sponsor on his waistcoat. If John Higgins cannot attract a sponsor, David Gray about whom public Joe has no idea who he is, will doubtfully be more successful.

Not that I want to dismiss the stupidy behind getting drunk so much you lose any sense of your whereabouts, but lets not give it the "global" importance it doesn't deserve.
                            Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
                            2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

I hope David became help.

He have a problem and now he need a real friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X