Ssb - all white on the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - all white on the night

Jimmy White has had an incident packed career, indeed an incident packed life, but he has never lost his love for snooker and snooker has never lost its love for him.

His victory in the World Series event in Prague tonight was therefore a very popular one.

OK, so he only won three matches but one of those was against the reigning world champion, John Higgins, and another was against the 2006 Crucible winner Graeme Dott.

White's form comes and goes these days but, at times, he still looks impressive.

The problem is that he is mired at the qualifiers in Prestatyn where reputations count for nothing.

At 47, a full scale resurgence is very unlikely but I still believe Jimmy is better than his world ranking of 56th and it would be nice to think he could push on from tonight's victory and start to climb a few places.

He still has the charm and he still has the support. What he needs now is the results.

More...

Originally Posted by MySockPuppet View Post
    Jimmy White has had an incident packed career, indeed an incident packed life, but he has never lost his love for snooker and snooker has never lost its love for him.

His victory in the World Series event in Prague tonight was therefore a very popular one.

OK, so he only won three matches but one of those was against the reigning world champion, John Higgins, and another was against the 2006 Crucible winner Graeme Dott.

White's form comes and goes these days but, at times, he still looks impressive.

The problem is that he is mired at the qualifiers in Prestatyn where reputations count for nothing.

At 47, a full scale resurgence is very unlikely but I still believe Jimmy is better than his world ranking of 56th and it would be nice to think he could push on from tonight's victory and start to climb a few places.

He still has the charm and he still has the support. What he needs now is the results.

More...
    Great win. What impress me most is, that he managed to beat john Higgins 5 -1 with the form Higgins is showing at the moment.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
      Great win. What impress me most is, that he managed to beat john Higgins 5 -1
      Just a shame he cant seem to reproduce that kind of form in Ranking events..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Can't be many pros won titles so far apart, that must be about 27/28 years since his first one.

Comment

Many congrats to Jimmy.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
            Great win. What impress me most is, that he managed to beat john Higgins 5 -1 with the form Higgins is showing at the moment.
            agree it was a great win but although John is in a rich vein of form don't lose sight that in that match John played his worst match I've seen from him in a very long time.

Comment

Originally Posted by MED View Post
              don't lose sight that in that match John played his worst match I've seen from him in a very long time.
              Let's just put it down to a bad day at the office for John..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                Let's just put it down to a bad day at the office for John..
                Most probably, John being one of the organisers and promoters had his hands full with other things and wasn't quite focused.
                Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Working...
                X