No announcement yet.

Ssb - the magnificent seventh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course. We need to do something about it. Our scene is very vivid and I think the pros also do enjoy their stay here. It would be no problem to get a considerable venue -say 10.000 seats- here in my hometown filled for a ranking tournament. But the financial aspect must be resolved first. I think I'm going to have a talk with the people involved with the failed planning in recent years.
    Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

I'm curious has to how the Gemrnay Open lost its ranking status in the first place if snooker is such a success story there. That said it would be great if Snooker could gain a foothold in the economic powerhouse of Europe.

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
        I'm curious has to how the Gemrnay Open lost its ranking status in the first place if snooker is such a success story there. That said it would be great if Snooker could gain a foothold in the economic powerhouse of Europe.
        Lack of sponsors, thus could not pay the WPBSA fees & prize money
        Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

I wonder if the whole idea has been shelved now as there has been no news since this post in Nov, can anyone else shed any light on what has happened here as it was supoosed to be 99% certain , is it anything to do with walker being defeated at the AGM

Comment

Working...
          X