Ssb - the bare essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - the bare essentials

World Snooker has hired the Essentially Group, a leading media services agency, to sell sponsorship for the UK Championship, Masters and Welsh Open.

All three tournaments are currently without title sponsors, as was last month’s Grand Prix.

“World Snooker is looking forward to working closely with Essentially to extend our sponsorship marketing activities. Our tournaments provide sponsors with uniquely clean, creative branding opportunities and deliver considerable brand exposure throughout the UK, Mainland Europe and the Far East,” said Miles Pearce, World Snooker’s commercial director.

“Essentially is delighted to be working with World Snooker and look forward to delivering new sponsorship for the best snooker tournaments in the world, being broadcast to significant audiences on BBC and internationally,” said Nick Hoyle, sales director of Essentially.

The current global economic situation makes obtaining sponsorship difficult.

Snooker’s image – as Ronnie O’Sullivan pointed out last January – is not as strong as some other sports, despite healthy viewing audiences and the rise in interest in the game in Europe and the Far East.

If Essentially can navigate these tricky waters and find some much needed sponsors then they will be worth whatever they are being paid.

More...

A few things may change if the hired company comes up with a ‘Help me help you’ kind of attitude.

I wonder if they get paid regardless of finding a sponsor or not.

Seems like a good move from the WPBSA, though.
    2008-09 Prediction Champion

Comment

Positive news from that snippet of info.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

With it sounding very likely that there will be a seventh ranking event this season and now this, things COULD be looking good for Snooker once again. let's hope so..
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
        X