Ssb - white braced for jungle rap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - white braced for jungle rap

Jimmy White could face disciplinary action after withdrawing from the UK Championship to take part in ITV’s ‘I’m A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.’

White was due to play in the second qualifying round on November 25 but will instead be in the jungle.

I think it would be wrong to fine White. He may be damaging his own ranking position by pulling out but he isn’t harming the game as a whole.

However, I suspect he will hate the experience. Anyone who knows Jimmy knows he hates sitting around doing nothing, which is 90% what this programme is about.

The list of ‘celebrities’ for the show reads like a who’s that? of the entertainment industry.

White will be joined by former page 3 girl Sam Fox, interior designers Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan, former EastEnders actress Lucy Benjamin, Kim Woodburn, who appears on a TV show in which she cleans houses, a chef, a dancer and various other barely known faces.

Veteran actor George Hamilton is also in the line-up and glamour model Katie Price is rumoured to be joining the show later in its run.

It starts on Sunday.

More...

it depends if a player in an other sport just pulled out without notifying the people in charge they would be fined

did he tell world snooker he would not be playing in the quallies in
    Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
      it depends if a player in an other sport just pulled out without notifying the people in charge they would be fined

did he tell world snooker he would not be playing in the quallies in
      I suppose he has. Do you find this acceptable then?
      Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
      http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Originally Posted by Monique View Post
        I suppose he has. Do you find this acceptable then?
        yes if he told them well in advance there is no problem
        Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's on WPBSA now: http://www.worldsnooker.com/Pro_chal...70.htm?tid=160

Comment

IMO its preposterous to fine players for not appearing in a ranking event, or the qualifiers for an event. The players are already taking their 'punishment' by forfeiting any ranking points and prize money they could have won.

I wonder if Parrot got fined last year for missing a qualification event due to his prior charity engagements.
            "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
              IMO its preposterous to fine players for not appearing in a ranking event, or the qualifiers for an event. The players are already taking their 'punishment' by forfeiting any ranking points and prize money they could have won.

I wonder if Parrot got fined last year for missing a qualification event due to his prior charity engagements.
              I agree with this Danny. I was always of the opinion that participation in ranking events should not be mandatory. If they don't participate they are penalised financially and in ranking points. Not need for more. Actually it isn't mandatory. Players have the option not to enter. However, practically, they have to take that decision quite a long time before the actual event and that's not always possible.
              And then it should be accepted for ALL players.

Comment

Working...
              X