Ssb - world championship: Early betting show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
    I wouldn't go for split odds on anybody in Ronnie's half, at least not until he crashes out; it's worth it in the other half (I did that with Murphy this year and he bagged me £35). I personally think Selby has to just focus on staying in the top 16 this season - I don't see him winning a standard ranker at the moment never mind the biggies. It was three years ago he was involved in that superb match against Peter Ebdon at the UK and I think they made three centuries apiece. On paper now that would be the most unappealing match possible - the least two sporting players in the game not to mention two of the slowest, but their 2006 match was probably only behind the 2006 Masters final in quality. Ebdon was cueing well so was fluent and going for his shots, and Selby hadn't yet started using gamesmanship to undermine his opponents, and I would love to see him return to that style of play where he just concentrated on his own game.
    Ebdon was a treat to watch in that UK 2006. I'd never seen him playing so fluently, he's actually quite a fast player when he's in form. He was a worthy champion then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
      Ebdon was a treat to watch in that UK 2006. I'd never seen him playing so fluently, he's actually quite a fast player when he's in form. He was a worthy champion then.
      Yeah, Ebdon can play very fast, actually..But he must be thinking that only being a hard match player, he would earn what he did in his career..

Speaking of deserved trophies, well, has there been any undeserved? Maybe last year's Bahrain Championship, but even it wasn't related to Robertson, it was due to poor organization. I can't remember anything else..
      All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

No such thing as an undeserved trophy unless you've cheated. Some wins are easier than others but that's the nature of sport.

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
          Is this an advert Roy?
          If you have a point to make PM me but I was advising people of opportunities to bet on in tournaments.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
          X