Ssb - take a luca at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - take a luca at this

Luca Brecel, who at 14 won the European under 19 title earlier this year, recently had three 147s in the space of a few days, two of which were captured on camera.

You can watch them here and here.

Brecel has headed over to the UK to hone his skills at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield.

More...

He will also train with Ding Junhui in Sheffield.

Comment

This is just amazing. 7 minutes or so for the breaks without referee respotting the balls...incredible...

Comment

Amazing!!!!!... Great talent. Good luck to him.
        Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
        Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

very nice cue action and good cueball control too.
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Good break building skills there.. I wonder who has recorded the fastest practice 147 ever. Of course, there can't be any data somewhere about it..

Probably it's Tony Drago

By the way, how long will it take before Luca turns pro? Age restrictions were ending after 16, I suppose..
            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
              I wonder who has recorded the fastest practice 147 ever. Of course, there can't be any data somewhere about it..

Probably it's Tony Drago
              I'm not sure but i would think there would be a good chance that it would be Tony..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Luca played in England

Last week Luca had some training sessions in England and played several matches (best of nine) against :

Peter Ebdon : 6 matches, lost 4 and won two (5-4 en 5-4)
                Liang Wenbo : 5 matches, lost 3 and won two (5-1 en 5-4) with breaks of 93,98,99,107 and 139.
                Ding : 1 match lost 5-2

Comment

Originally Posted by grotenbees View Post
                  Last week Luca had some training sessions in England and played several matches (best of nine) against :

Peter Ebdon : 6 matches, lost 4 and won two (5-4 en 5-4)
                  Liang Wenbo : 5 matches, lost 3 and won two (5-1 en 5-4) with breaks of 93,98,99,107 and 139.
                  Ding : 1 match lost 5-2
                  If he played this matches under ranking points pressure, that would be a thing. So, now it does not mean much, but still, it shows how wonderful he can be once he turns into a mature player...

It is weird that Luca will still probably be a force in the tournaments twenty years later
                  All the way Mark J!!

Comment

There have been incredibly talented players before him and will be in the future. No doubt that for 14 he is a stunning player but let's hang back on the excitement of " he will do this and that" until he is older. I remember getting excited at the prospect of Michael White and another young lad whose name escapes me just now. There are a whole lot of ifs buts and maybes to contend with including the demons of drink and women to contend with let alone the pit falls of qualifying and the difficult transition to TV cameras yet

God I am a happy doom and gloom merchant or am I just being a realist?
                    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
                      There have been incredibly talented players before him and will be in the future. No doubt that for 14 he is a stunning player but let's hang back on the excitement of " he will do this and that" until he is older. I remember getting excited at the prospect of Michael White and another young lad whose name escapes me just now. There are a whole lot of ifs buts and maybes to contend with including the demons of drink and women to contend with let alone the pit falls of qualifying and the difficult transition to TV cameras yet

God I am a happy doom and gloom merchant or am I just being a realist?
                      Isn't Michael doing good enough for an 18-year-old teenager

Yeah, I get it. They're not locks to be all-time greats. But no one in the history was, until they really announced their arrival by some strong performances.Maybe Judd's recent poor form and not living up to the hype is what you makes you a bit gloomy about the youngsters. He was considered as a new superb player, and by the time he's 20, he has not made a big step in his game yet.

There will be ones who will turn into greats, and there will be ones that things not going in right direction with. But I'm optimistic that time will heal the wounds and we will have another superstar level player like Ronnie,Mark J,Stephen or John. But you're right, by pointing out that we shouldn't jump into the future and claim that they'll be champions..
                      All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                        Good break building skills there.. I wonder who has recorded the fastest practice 147 ever. Of course, there can't be any data somewhere about it..

Probably it's Tony Drago

By the way, how long will it take before Luca turns pro? Age restrictions were ending after 16, I suppose..
                        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=16712

Comment

I think I was trying to get across that with Michael he turned pro at 16 to a bit of a fanfare and dropped straight back off the main tour, clearly a difficult ask to stay there in your first season I will grant you
                          The other guy I was thinking of was Mitchell Mann.
                          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by MySockPuppet View Post
                            Luca Brecel, who at 14 won the European under 19 title earlier this year, recently had three 147s in the space of a few days, two of which were captured on camera.

You can watch them here and here.

Watching these two clips makes me want to play a few frames. Quality stuff.. I've noticed some other 147's on youtube where Luca will leave a cut at distance for the black... quality player.

Agree, there is no guarantee he'll make it into a top professional - he surely has the potential. It could be that he runs into a similar problem that Trump has faced, in that he can't get regular competition at a high enough standard to progress. Let's face it, he could be competing in the qualifiers now, winning a few matches and gaining experience.

Comment

Surely he has got the potential,not sure about the other important aspects of his game,i.e match temperament,safety play.You need to be strong in all aspects of the game to become a top professional.
                              My deep screw shot
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Working...
                              X