No announcement yet.

Ssb - jungle jimmy gets wembley wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry about my mistake, i thought Allen is 15th, not Williams.
    Anyway, i still think that the qualifier is a tougher draw, because it's not easy at all to win the qualifiyng tournament. And what if the governing body next year decides to give wildcard to Steve Davis, John Parrot or Tony Drago? Would you think that they will be tougher draw then the qualifier?

Comment

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
      I'm sorry about my mistake, i thought Allen is 15th, not Williams.
      Anyway, i still think that the qualifier is a tougher draw, because it's not easy at all to win the qualifiyng tournament. And what if the governing body next year decides to give wildcard to Steve Davis, John Parrot or Tony Drago? Would you think that they will be tougher draw then the qualifier?
      No, probably not, except for maybe Davis, as he's still near the top of the game. Of course if it becomes tradition that a very low-ranked player gets the wildcard, it would be fair if he played the #15, but hopefully that won't be the case. It could be the likes of Ebdon, or even Selby next year, you never know.

What I would do is scrap the qualifying event altogether and just award two common sense wildcards, as used to be the case for some time. That way, if a corrupt nonsensical choice was made for one spot, the most deserving player would hopefully still get the other one.

Comment

Working...
      X