Ssb - championship league attracts best ever field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - championship league attracts best ever field

One of the reasons Barry Hearn attracted support before the WPBSA AGM last month was because of the Championship League, an event he promotes that has proved to be very popular with players.

Now in its third year, this qualifying event for the Premier League is shown on various betting websites.

This year’s field at Crondon Park Golf Club in Essex is the best yet. For the first time, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Stephen Maguire will compete.

Maguire joins world champion John Higgins, Shaun Murphy, Mark Selby, Ryan Day, Ali Carter and last year’s winner Judd Trump in the first group tomorrow.

O’Sullivan, Neil Robertson and Marco Fu join the fray on Wednesday for group two.

There has been a slight tweak to the rules this year with matches now best of five frames as opposed to being of four frames duration. This means there can no longer be draws.

Players receive £100 per frame won. It is a little like being paid to practise, albeit against some of the best players in the world, and will toughen these guys up ahead of the Masters.

Full details can be found at Matchroom Sport.

Meanwhile for those of you who follow me on Twitter, I will be attempting to post photos from various points of the snooker circuit, starting this week.

I know. Exciting, isn't it?

More...
Working...
X