Ssb - o'sullivan to use purple cue at wembley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - o'sullivan to use purple cue at wembley

Ronnie O'Sullivan will use a purple cue at next week's Wembley Masters as part of a new sponsorship deal with Premier Inn hotels, according to the Press Association.

More...

Might clash with his red face when Robertson thrashes him...:snooker:

Comment

what the hell is the cue made from? maybe it's ash drizzled with ribena

Comment

Its made off beetroot wood very rare .

Comment

All hail fragmentation.
          Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
          2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=21825
            Maybe it would be better to link the previous thread
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

What would be the point? It wouldn't stop the double threads.
              I'd better shut up.
              Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                All hail fragmentation.
                Monique posted it FIRST!

=oP

Noel

Comment

Therefore I'm addressing it in this thread and not Monique's.

Comment

I think SSB is fine as long as it conforms to rules on other threads. Ie. duplicate thread link posted to discussion in other then locked.

Comment

Article has been deleted from SSB (but not TSF) because article does not state that Ronnie will actually be using the cue, just that he has been given it and he is thinking about it atm.

Comment

I hope and pray that he doesn't use this cue as this smacks of desperation to me. Whether or not this has anything at all to do with Barry Hearn, such a drastic grab for press attention so soon after taking over would seem to most people that Ronnie's under his new found influence and prepared to do anything he's asked of. We all want to see positive changes and interesting ideas but purple cues? Please! We not american after all.
                        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Barry Hearn and all to do with promotion for his sponsor Premier Inn. What do sponsors look for if not publicity?
                          As for playing with it in the Masters why not? What's so outrageous about a purple cue? It's only a cue, a very conventional cue in a new look.
                          Were you outraged also when the dress code was relaxed (a tiny bit) and shirts other than white were accepted?
                          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Personally i see nothing wrong with O'Sulliivan playing with a Purple cue at all. Who knows it may catch on and one day we may see many pros playing with different coloured cues, or on the other hand maybe not.

Who cares, at the end of the day i really dont see what the big deal is here..
                            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                            X