Ssb - rankings report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - rankings report

It’s unlikely but not impossible that Ronnie O’Sullivan can overhaul John Higgins at the top of the provisional rankings by the end of the season.

Ronnie could do with Graeme Dott beating Higgins tonight but, whatever happens in Newport, he could go into the Betfred.com World Championship within striking distance of the Wishaw Wizard.

O’Sullivan’s 5-0 demolition of a very poor Jamie Cope today means he is now 7,105 points behind Higgins.

The winner of the Totesport.com Welsh Open picks up 5,000 points, the China Open 7,000 and the World Championship 10,000.

O’Sullivan can therefore still collect 19,500 more points this season – if he wins the last three titles.

This is unlikely to happen but he should at least ensure he finishes second in the end of season list.

Third placed Neil Robertson’s defeat to Ali Carter last night means Carter will overtake him if he reaches the final.

More interesting, though, is the battle for the top 16. As ever, this will come down to the Crucible but there are a few players with things to think about right now.

Chief among them are Joe Perry and Peter Ebdon, whose places are under threat without strong finishes to the campaign.

Perry looks low on confidence and is stationed a precarious 21st. Ebdon occupies 18th spot with Dott in with a chance of pushing him down a further space.

Liang Wenbo (14th) and Ricky Walden (16th) have fallen back after failing to qualify last week.

You can follow the latest moves in the ranking list on Global Snooker here.

More...

Doesnt look theres any chances as long John doesnt go too wrong of course but I dont think that will happen
    and battle fof top16 will be really tough
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Last time John failed to reach a Ranking semi was here 12 months ago..

if he carries that on Ronnie can whistle for the No 1 spot but he wont get it.

Comment

It's very unlikely that Ronnie will have a chance for that spot, but at least, he will want to be ahead of John for next year's provisional rankings, for sure..

Winning the world title looks like his primary aim, though..
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Ali could move to the provisional #3? I didn't realize he has had such a good season.
          Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
          2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
            Ali could move to the provisional #3? I didn't realize he has had such a good season.
            He started it provisionally number 2 so really he has dropped down.
            TSF World Champion 2010
            TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
            BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

That's the reason then, because I thought he was also number 5 provisionally.
              Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
              2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Bit of a plug but I've got my even more updated rankings up to date here.

Fu starting to struggle now while I can't see Perry getting back into the 16.
                sigpic
                http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt_2745 View Post
                  Bit of a plug but I've got my even more updated rankings up to date here.

Fu starting to struggle now while I can't see Perry getting back into the 16.
                  One qualifying match for each event isn't the end of the world. Drago needed 4 and even if he needed 10, The Boss was never going to go away quietly. They would have needed as many guys as the end of Scarface (Tony's favourite) to bring him down. The same for the Manager
                  sigpic
                  Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

The Manager

Yeah he's been in and out of the top 16 before, don't expect him to drop off the face of the earth or anything. Guess the hardest thing though is that you are playing top 16 players in the last 32 which makes it tough to go further if you keep drawing players like Higgins that early.

Bit like Walden, seems to keep getting Higgins and Selby.
                    sigpic
                    http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                      only if he defends the title which wont happen
                      Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Third placed Neil Robertson’s defeat to Ali Carter last night means Carter will overtake him if he reaches the final

no if carter loses the final he will be 5 points behind robbo
                        Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X