No announcement yet.

Ssb - judd trump: World no.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that the 'You're a poor World Number One if you've not been world champion' rule applies to Selby and not to Judd. I suspected as much.

Personal preference shouldn't come into it. The person with the most consistency becomes World Number 1. At the moment Judd is World Number 1, and it's up to the other players to take it from him. Just the same as it was when Selby was World Number 1.

Comment

i think Judd will be an all time legend in the game no doubt but if someone can sit here and say his standard of play is better than Ronnies , Hendry,s , Higgins at the same age then i have to disagree .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Spot on , but would Stephen Hendry be world champion if he were competing against this opposition .
        Oh most definitely. . IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Spot on , but would Stephen Hendry be world champion if he were competing against this opposition .
          Impossible to say....how many times did he beat white ? and he was better imo than trump.
          Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            Oh most definitely. . IMHO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            sorry i should of elaborated , Hendry at 23 at his peak and the others mentioned at their peak .

Comment

sorry i should of elaborated , Hendry at 23 at his peak and the others mentioned at their peak .
              I think that just loads it even more in the "yes" direction. Only my opinion though .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hendry at his peak would have wiped the floor with any of the current pro's he was different class. His record specks for itself and even now his is still a dangerous player. I for one do not like the current system as I believe it robbed us of watching hendry, he had a few more years left in him in IMO

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  I think that just loads it even more in the "yes" direction. Only my opinion though .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Cant disagree but why would it alter things in his favour .

My logic behind it , Hendry was not and has never been a complete allround player but had a fantastic attacking no nonsense game .
                  His main and only threat was Jimmy , brilliant player but a complete bottler when it came to world finals , which something the names mentioned have not lacked especially as clear frnt runners .

I think if any of the others mentioned , plus Williams were in that position and had the chances White had to wrap up the title then they would have obliged .

Stephen Hendry bwould not not dominate the game like he has in todays company but i believe he would have wone it several times .

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                    Hendry at his peak would have wiped the floor with any of the current pro's he was different class. His record specks for itself and even now his is still a dangerous player. I for one do not like the current system as I believe it robbed us of watching hendry, he had a few more years left in him in IMO
                    Sorry Caz , held his own yes but wiped the floor mmmm , i,m just not sure , in fact i am sure he wouldnt .

Comment

I actually think the guy is overrated.
                      He is attacking and exciting.
                      But he doesn't have that control with the white that Hendry and other greats have.
                      He is a potter, and excellent one, and have amazing power.
                      Maybe he is just a bit to cocky for my taste?
                      And the rest of the best is not in form, higgins, selby and others have slipped.
                      But he's a number one, he deserves it, i also think he can stay there and learn, he is still young.
                      And he draws people to snooker, which is extremly important.
                      Having said that, i don't see him as a legend material, judd is not an Hendry, far from it imo?

Comment

An idea. How about we'll let Trump to create his own record and retire and then compare him to Hendry?

Btw, imho, Hendry had nothing left snooker wise. Absolutely the right time to quite. He Struggled FOR YEARS. It's not the motivation or the bank balance, he lost his game. Period. If he couldn't get it back with about million tourneys in the calender, doubt he would've with six like the good ol' days.

Comment

At 23 he,s at the peak of his potting and attacking aspect of the game , it wont get better , theres other aspects of his game that will improve but not that aspect of it .
                          I suspect this is a generalisation that climbs out of the woodwork from 70's and 80's players who weren't that good by todays standards anyway,if you analyzed Ronnie and Higgins long potting throughout a season in the mid to late 90's there'd be ample howlers they'd be red faced at.

Comment

Both Trump and Selby deserved to be number one as according to the rules at the time they collected more points than any other player but that doesn't change the fact they are the only two number ones ever not to have been the world champion and have won no more tournaments than Dominic Dale or Doug Mountjoy.

If you have to play 30 or more tournaments for every one you win, you're not a champion or a great, just a consistent collector of points, a bit like my supermarket card.

Both Selby and Trump can only dream of matching Cheetah Ebdon's achievements, even both put together, and he has never been 'number one'.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                              I suspect this is a generalisation that climbs out of the woodwork from 70's and 80's players who weren't that good by todays standards anyway,if you analyzed Ronnie and Higgins long potting throughout a season in the mid to late 90's there'd be ample howlers they'd be red faced at.
                              im not taliking about one off pots but knocking them in consistently , going on youre scenario there are pots that todays players knock in regular that yesterdays players would,nt even attempt .

Comment

im not taliking about one off pots but knocking them in consistently , going on youre scenario there are pots that todays players knock in regular that yesterdays players would,nt even attempt .
                                Not sure if you recorded and analyzed the long potting of players in the mid to late 90's,I doubt the bbc gang have and they get paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X