Ssb - sofia so good for trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - sofia so good for trump

So Judd Trump won the fourth European Tour event of the season in Sofia, Bulgaria with a 4-0 victory over John Higgins.

I won’t wax lyrical about Trump any more on here because he will take out a restraining order against me. However, he demonstrated terrific confidence and poise to comprehensively outplay Higgins in the final.

It will be a satisfying win because Higgins has won all of their previous key meetings, including the 2011 world final and the finals this season in Shanghai and at PTC4 in Gloucester.

Higgins looked to be the one player who had the beating of Trump, the new world no.1. He still may in the future of course but he was simply blown away tonight.

It was a full house on Sofia and they clearly loved every minute. At the Masters last season I met Oleg Velinov, the chairman of Bulgarian snooker and the organiser of this tournament.

He told me then it was his dream to stage a professional event in his home country. Well, he did it and it was a success.

The question now is how big these European events can become. Or maybe it should be whether they should become any bigger.

There’s no law to say tournaments have to be a week long with the same old formats. These short PTCs with their best of sevens are refreshing to watch, although players will obviously hope prize money rises in time.

This week attention turns to the qualifiers for the UK Championship. This is an event with a great history and of course carries huge ranking points.

The defending champion in York will be Judd Trump. Qualifying for him is now a distant memory.

More...

Yet another example of Trump mining the points from easy PTC comps where there are no other top pro's playing. Just like the PTC in Gloucester and the International Championship in China. He's absolutely rubbish, consistently producing flukey snooker and how he's got to World no 1 I'll never know! The other pro's are obviously all deliberately losing to him and secretly betting on him to win, despite the fact that he's the shortest price in the betting. The only reason he looks half-decent is because he's left handed! He'd never be able to pot the balls that hard down our club - the tables on TV obviously have massive pockets and I reckon Bill Smith, our local club champ could beat him.
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
      Yet another example of Trump mining the points from easy PTC comps where there are no other top pro's playing. Just like the PTC in Gloucester and the International Championship in China. He's absolutely rubbish, consistently producing flukey snooker and how he's got to World no 1 I'll never know! The other pro's are obviously all deliberately losing to him and secretly betting on him to win, despite the fact that he's the shortest price in the betting. The only reason he looks half-decent is because he's left handed! He'd never be able to pot the balls that hard down our club - the tables on TV obviously have massive pockets and I reckon Bill Smith, our local club champ could beat him.
      Haha!

Nice post mate ;-)
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
        I like your humour magicman, the forum needs it!

Comment

Yes and the £576,000.00 prize money earned should be returned!

and split evenly to the other pros who could not bother to attend these PTCs

Comment

Trump plays great snooker as do many who compete in the
            various tournaments. He happens to win as well as lose.

He makes many great breaks and that isnt luck.

He is #1 until someone does better.

Comment

he's number 1 because he deserves to be. End of.
              I Love Snook!

Comment

He holds two of the big 3 world ranking championships how can it not be deserved? unless theres a hint of irony in magicmans post
                Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

From my reading, magicman's post is full of sarcasm, irony and wit - I liked it and I think was aimed at all those "farming" allegation-posts that have been bouncing around here recently. Which I dont agree with by the way - for the pros, this game is there job, that pays the bills, etc, - more points - more wonga - I go to work throught he week to earn a crust, these guys get blasted for "farming" points (and money) for going to their work
                  As most of you have probably seen in your own work-environments, you get people who enjoy their work and get on with it, and then there are those that just do the minimum not to be shown the door; same in the snooker-pro "work" I think
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

shame theres no like button deans comment would get clicked
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

psst yes there is, look for the star (add to users repuation) next to the "report post" traingle and the "Blog this post"
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X