Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSB - ROBERTSON v SELBY

NEIL ROBERTSON v MARK SELBY
    While Robertson strode majestically into the Betfair Masters final, Selby’s path was more of a crawl as he completed his latest comeback at half past midnight to see off Graeme Dott.

He told me afterwards he hadn’t slept much the previous night and felt flat and ill at ease early on in the match. Dott on the other hand was flowing but the match turned when he failed to pot the black to lead 5-1.

This became hard match snooker – undoubtedly too hard for some tastes – but Selby got the job done. I hope for his sake he slept well last night because he’s going to need his stamina against Robertson, whose all round game was excellent in beating Shaun Murphy 6-2.

A couple of killer clearances made the difference as Robertson’s poise under pressure came to the fore once again. He has played well in all departments over the last week, potting well, scoring heavily and employing deadly safety when required.

These two have managed to avoid each other in tournament draws over the last few years but are at last meeting in a major final.

This is a battle of the snooker tough guys. No quarter will be asked or given.

But I feel Robertson has played the better snooker and he is one of the few players capable of contending with a determined Selby.

PREDICTION: Robertson 10-6

More...
Working...
X