Ssb - higgins to face robertson again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - higgins to face robertson again

As it was in Sofia, so it is in Wuxi. Today’s final pits John Higgins against Neil Robertson.

Higgins hasn’t been pushed hard through the tournament but surely will be by Robertson, who has cued superbly throughout and did so again yesterday during his semi-final defeat of Robert Milkins.

The Australian went through a long spell in which he couldn’t lose a final. Last season for a while he couldn’t win one but did so at the China Open in Beijing and can today win back-to-back Chinese ranking titles.

Robertson needs to remain positive and keep attacking. If he gets drawn into a tactical game then Higgins will be favourite, as he would be against anyone in that sort of match.

It’s not easy for anyone to beat an in form Higgins over 19 frames but Robertson belongs in the small category that can.

A tournament which began with him forgetting to pack his waistcoat and trousers to go to Gloucester could end with an eighth ranking title.

For Higgins, it would mark his best start to a season since 2001/02, when he won the first three titles.

These two are proven winners capable of serving up a classic. Robertson has played the better snooker of the week but it is in the final where it really matters.

Thankfully this one is much longer than the best of seven they played in Bulgaria.

More...

Thanks for the write-up Ferret ! Good start from Robertson to go 1 - 0 up.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

got up at 7.30 to watch this not on eurosport 2 till 8.30 any links please

Comment

Big fan of JH but would love to see Neil absolutely smash him this time.
        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Looks like 2 - 2 coming up . . .
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
            Thanks for the write-up Ferret !
            Ferret didn't do that write up bud......

Its been written by Dave Hendon who writes the Snooker Scene blog, I think there's some kind of direct link that puts his Ssb up on the forum....

Its always a good read and well worth a look mate......

http://snookerscene.blogspot.co.uk/2...son-again.html
            Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
            Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Thanks Dave Hendon and coomsey76 then . . .

Comment

Lol..... no need to thank me bud!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Both looking really good so far. Loved that last frame from Robertson
                  Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

God damn canoeing on Eurosport (wtf?). Anyway back on screen yay

Comment

Great break to take it to 5 - 5 (lovely first red too) . . .

Comment

OMG: that shot to the green where Higgins had himself snookered amongst the reds. 3 cushions. Man what a shot

Comment

Working...
                        X