No announcement yet.

Ssb - seniors service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I popped into a local club on friday for a bit of solo practice and was surprised to see Nigel Bond on the Star table. Surprised because this was South London and he lives in Derby!

I lost 4-3 but was 2-1 up, which when you take into account the World Masters is a best of 3 event, meant I would have knocked out the current World Professional Masters Champion!! Shame they don't allow us old amateurs into events like this eh?
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Hendry v Johnson just starting

http://www.hahabar.com/20131018/v--6....76321142.html

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Well that was good to watch. Really enjoyed that!

I can't wait to watch the Jimmy White vs Stephen Hendry match.

QF draw:
        Tony Chappel v Steve Davis
        Darren Morgan v Dave Harold
        Cliff Thorburn v Nigel Bond
        Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry
        Last edited by mythman69; 19 October 2013, 11:26 PM.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

1pm - Cliff Thorburn v Nigel Bond
          2pm - Darren Morgan v Dave Harold
          3pm - Tony Chappel v Steve Davis
          4pm - Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry

Who are people tipping? My tips in bold.

Stephen Hendry to win the final.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Nigel Bond 2 Cliff Thorburn 0 - memories of the comeback at Sheffiled in 1994, when Cliff was 9-2 up and lost 10-9, he would have played Terry Griffiths in the last 16 if he had won, now long would that match have lasted I wonder over 25 frames.

Darren Morgan 2 Dave Harold 1. Morgan as only beaten Dave Harold once out of six meetings in Tournaments, including a 9-3 win in 1993 for Harold to capture the Asian Open by 9 frames to 3 as a 500/1 outside from the start and ranked N0 93 in the world at the Time.

Steve Davis 2 Tony Cahppel 0

Jimmy White 2 Stephen Hendry 1 head to head meetings Stephen 35 The Whirlwind 19 and 5 draws

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
            1pm - Cliff Thorburn v Nigel Bond
            2pm - Darren Morgan v Dave Harold
            3pm - Tony Chappel v Steve Davis
            4pm - Jimmy White v Stephen Hendry

Who are people tipping? My tips in bold.

Stephen Hendry to win the final.
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Good start by Cliff 1-0. Lucky to get another chance after that horrible kick on the red.

Comment

2-1 to Nigel Bond.

Who is your tip for the winner of the final?

Comment

Wouldn't it be great to have a Davis v Hendry World final for the first time. I think both of them would really be up for that. Watched the recent Gary Newbon interview with Hendry on Friday night and he said that one of the few regrets during his career was not getting to play Steve in a World final. Maybe this would make up for it to some extent. Would love to see Steve come out on top btw.

Comment

I liked the info Dave Harold gave during his pre match interview with Darren Morgan, he said when he won the Asian open as a 500/1 outsider the year was 1993, he was ranked 93 in the world the final score was 9-3 and the combined aged now between Darren Morgan is 93 by the way the highest break of the match was not 93, it was 137 by Dave Harold. also Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry met twice at the Sheffield 1989 Steve Davis beat Stephen Hendry 16-9 (Semi Final) and 1994 Stephen Hendry beat Steve Davis 16-9, so in Crucible head to heads are 1 match win each and 25 frames each

Comment

Phil Yates asking Willie Thorne his head to heads against Steve Davis And Tony Chappel he was not sure

they are

Steve Davis 29 Willie Thorne 4 plus 2 draws

Tony Chappel 1 Willie Thorne 0 5-4 1991 World Classic (Last 64)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                        Steve Davis 29 Willie Thorne 4 plus 2 draws
                        Willie thought it was 8 or 9 wins.

When Willie told it was only 4 wins, he said "he was a good player then"

Who was the other stat about? Stephen Hendry beating someone 16 times from 16 matches I think he said.

Time for bed here.

I just hope someone records the Jimmy White vs Stephen Hendry match and the final and puts it on Youtube.

Anyone?
                        Last edited by mythman69; 20 October 2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                          also Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry met twice at the Sheffield 1989 Steve Davis beat Stephen Hendry 16-9 (Semi Final) and 1994 Stephen Hendry beat Steve Davis 16-9, so in Crucible head to heads are 1 match win each and 25 frames each
                          Yip, I'm aware of those matches. What I said is that they haven't played each other in a World final. There is a distinct possibility of this now happening in this event.

Comment

It's a shame that Jimmy misses such simple pots. I've seen him do that a lot recently. And his long game isn't what it used to be.

Comment

my semi Final predictions

Stephen Hendry (18) 2 Nigel Bond (4) 0
                              Steve Davis (5) 2 Dave Harold (5) 1

head to head meetings in brackets

Comment

Different decade same result with White and Hendry, id be amazed if White's wins against Hendry were in double digits.

Comment

Working...
                                X