Cue sports in Birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue sports in Birmingham

Hello everyone! I'm new in this forum so this is my first post! I moved to Birmingham 3 months ago and I've been looking for some tournaments/competitions here. It doesn't matter if it's snooker, English 8ball or American Pool. Even carom would be fine for me. I've asked in several clubs (like the Riley's) and it seems like there's no players or competition here. Hopefully someone in this forum can throw a bit of light to me in this subject! I'd also love to find a club to practice! Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

Where in Birmingham are you?

Try 147 on Coventry road, they usually have a tournament going on.

Its probably the best club to play at in Birmingham.

There's some very good players at the club, very friendly people.

They've got around 25/30 tables at the place.

Friday and Saturdays in the evening, there can sometimes be a wait

Comment

Thank you AmarZain! I live in balsall heath so that's a bit far but I'll go there anyway! Do you know if there's any club where practicing regularly is not that expensive? I mean..here the most common price is £10ph so if you want to practice daily you are definitely going to spend too much money on it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Gabriel147 View Post
        Thank you AmarZain! I live in balsall heath so that's a bit far but I'll go there anyway! Do you know if there's any club where practicing regularly is not that expensive? I mean..here the most common price is £10ph so if you want to practice daily you are definitely going to spend too much money on it!
        147 is around £4.50/5.00 an hour and match table is about £7.50 an hour if I remember correctly.

There are other clubs in Birmingham that charge around £5.00/5.50 but tables are crap or you have a load of clowns hanging around.

Ive not been 147 for well over a month now, but last time I went they were in the process of having new cloths put on all the tables.

Comment

I've been to the 147 club in Birmingham many times. It's the only decent club in Birmingham.

There's a few WMC with decent tables but in terms of snooker clubs, the majority are in squalor

Comment

Thank you for your replies! Isn't any club where you can pay per month? In Spain clubs used to vary between 30-50€ per month so it's a greater value! Any social clubs or something similar in Birmingham??

Comment

I used to play at rileys, and whilst the tables were pretty average, you could get a year pass for £100 which gave you 2 hours table time every day. That compared to their £10 hour normal rate was a no brainer. I played a lot that year, and the manager seemed quite p1ssed off once i'd come in for my 100th or so time 😋

Comment

Mark, do you know if that offer is still on? I work 5 minutes from the Riley's so it'd be perfect!

Comment

Not sure I'm afraid. My Rileys closed just after my pass finished so haven't been to one recently

Comment

theres a snooker league in birmingham called the efficiency league, if you search for efficiency league birmingham on google you will find its website and on there are all the local clubs that play in the league.

Comment

Thank you all! Appreciate the help!!

Comment

test
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The Cue Club Sports bar offers games of snooker America and English Pool, darts Sky and BT Sports for the latest games food available great prices and daily ..In all, players shoot a cue ball so that it makes contact with the opponent's cue ball as well as the object ball. Others of Core Ball multinational interest are four-ball and five-pins. The most globally popular of the large variety of pocket games are
                          There are two main varieties of cue sport games: carom and pocket. Among the pocket cue sports, the main subdivisions are Pool and Snooker. There are also hybrid games combining aspects of both pocket and carom billiards, such as American four-ball billiards, cowboy pool and bottle pool.

Comment

Perfections Snooker Club in Stirchley used to have monthly competitions. Worth checking them out too.

Comment

Working...
                            X