TSB - Ronnie O’Sullivan withdraws stating medical reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Ronnie O’Sullivan withdraws stating medical reasons

Well he has done it again, another event in Europe that he has entered and then withdrawn from, this makes it what the 5th, 6th, 7th …… I don’t know, I have lost count to be honest. He has told World Snooker officials that it is because of medic reasons and if this is true ... Continue Reading

More...

I would wait for confirmation of the reasons before drawing any conclusions and if it is for personal reasons and not "strong" enough ones there will be disciplinary action, I don't doubt it.
    Now this venue show 5 matches at the same time in an open setup, Mark Allen and Mark Selby playing at the same moment. So I don't think German snooker fans will have nothing interesting to watch, neither do I think they all booked solely to see Ronnie play.
    After all this hardly comes up as a surprise, isn't it?
    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Jumping to conclusions! this is now the 13th event he has withdrawn from, the last professional event off of UK soil that he attended was nearly a year ago.

World Snooker have told me Medical reason but I have been told by a close contact of Ronnie's that it is for other reasons which I am not going to put on the forum.

Comment

Ferret, when Ronnie withdrew from EPTC1 the first info to be circulated was "for medical reasons ... back injury". That was later changed to personal reason.
        That's all I had in mind and I would wait until the official reason is published before elaborating.
        Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
        http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

What official reason? He will just make something up as always.

If German Masters was called SUPER-HYPER-MEGA-POWER-SHOTCLOCK-SNOOKER he would be there for sure.

They should just give his top 16 place to someone who actually deserves and wants to play snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by João View Post
            What official reason? He will just make something up as always.

If German Masters was called SUPER-HYPER-MEGA-POWER-SHOTCLOCK-SNOOKER he would be there for sure.

They should just give his top 16 place to someone who actually deserves and wants to play snooker.
            they won't need to give it he will lose it.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yeah, its hardly surprising these days to see Ronnie pulling out of events.
              The question is, will he attend the China Open? Last year he made the trip to make tricks in his first and only match, so we`ll see.

Top 16 place to someone else? He has already slipped down to 9th, and now once again out of a tournament, it shouldn`t be too long when his Top 16 place gets in danger if he keeps this up, we`ll see what happens.
              Winner of the World Championship 2012 Fantasy Game!

Comment

hI To bad for snooker in general as Osullivan is the main draw it seems that when Osullivan withdraws from Tournaments its not the same as when he is in them. He must have other reasons personal reasons for not showing up cheers Leonard from Canada

Comment

This is totally rediculous but not unexpected. Three days ago he was in full fire

I would never buy a ticket for a match outside UK and actually expect him to show up.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

3 days ago!!! he beat Jimmy White just last night in a legends event - http://www.thesnookerblog.com/2011/0...ckburn-crowds/

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                      hI To bad for snooker in general as Osullivan is the main draw it seems that when Osullivan withdraws from Tournaments its not the same as when he is in them. He must have other reasons personal reasons for not showing up cheers Leonard from Canada
                      I can´t argue against him as the main draw, but in my humble opinion World Snooker and tournaments organisers should stop using him for promotion, most of the time the promotion unfortunately is bad. It was better just letting him show up as an unexpected surprise.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Typical of the man. As a player he is awesome but as a bloke I cant stand him. When you think of all the players that would love to be there and he just cant be bothered. If it was the world championship he'd be there no problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          I can´t argue against him as the main draw, but in my humble opinion World Snooker and tournaments organisers should stop using him for promotion, most of the time the promotion unfortunately is bad. It was better just letting him show up as an unexpected surprise.
                          So well put.

Seriously, he could issue a statement, at the start of the season, about where he's not going to participate. Would be kinda more clear and 'fair' for those buying tickets, for those planning some evenings with snooker tournament watching, for event organisers/advertisers, bookies and those who bet, no?

Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

It's not just outside the UK, it happened at EPTC 5 at South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester this year. I might be wrong but I don't even think he had the courtesy to let the organisers know/withdraw, he just didn't turn up, leaving a lot of snooker fans upset.

This on the back of the black in the 147 incident, he just doesn't give a **** about the fans or the game, he's just bothered about the money and himself.
                            28th April 1985 - the day it all started!

Comment

He's continually letting down the sport imo, OK he's great to watch when on song but is not really doing his bit to promote the game at a time when we've just had a great promotional weekend at Blackpool and he goes and puts a dampener on it straight away.

Surely he could put aside any minor ailment and just get on with it at this important juncture, but no its the usual cant be ****ed attitude.

More chance of finding life on Mars than Ronnie in Brazil later in the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X