Tsb - veteran morgan wants to come out of retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsb - veteran morgan wants to come out of retirement

DARREN Morgan wants to come out of retirement and play on the Main Tour again. The 44-year-old former world number eight is ‘sorely tempted’ to enter the new Q School, in which players enter three tournaments with 12 Main Tour places up for grabs. Other players of Morgan’s era, like close friend Nigel Bond, who ... Continue Reading

More...

He would have no chance on the main tour, but if it's just a bit of fun good luck to him. Not sure this is news-worthy though...

Comment

He almost qualified for the TV stages of the World Open this year, only losing in the final round to Matthew Stevens. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a venue or two, like Drago, if he were to return.

Comment

Go for it Darren,your game has always been solid, nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

Comment

I went to watch Darren last week when he played in the local inter town . He looked very good and made a 86 in the second frame .

He,s still a class act and imo as good as a lot of players outside the top 16

Comment

Good on Darren Morgan I say. In his heyday I remember him for the (sheer determination) that he possessed on the table. If the likes of Nigel Bond, Tony Drago and Jimmy White can still compete at top level, who's to say Morgan can't.

Funny enough I was watching some footage of Morgan earlier today, from the 1994 British Open when he faced Alex Higgins. Reminded me of what a good player Darren Morgan was in those days..
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

The Boss would be thrilled
              Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
              Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                Good on Darren Morgan I say. In his heyday I remember him for the (sheer determination) that he possessed on the table. If the likes of Nigel Bond, Tony Drago and Jimmy White can still compete at top level, who's to say Morgan can't.

Funny enough I was watching some footage of Morgan earlier today, from the 1994 British Open when he faced Alex Higgins. Reminded me of what a good player Darren Morgan was in those days..
                Totally agree, thought he was massively underrated even when he was at his best. Out of interest, why do you always seem to use brackets in your posts? I've never seen them used like you use them before, i.e. with information important to the sentence. A sentence should read just as well without the brackets, but your's doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                X