TSB - Stevens out of China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Stevens out of China

An on form Matthew Stevens has today been knocked out of The China Open by Stephen Hendry with a 5-0 score line. Matthew looked tired in his match against 7 time World Champions Stephen Hendry today and it is not surprising when you look back at his schedule over the last month, he left his ... Continue Reading

More...
    Last edited by dantuck_7; 28 March 2011, 11:57 AM.

All I'm reading is excuses for why Stevens was demolished, and no credit to Hendry who played superbly.

Comment

Biggest bugbear is when sportsman say they were ''too tired.'' Has he been cycling to all the events or something?

Comment

If you notice the title says "Stevens out of China" that should give you a hint that the article is about Matthew not Hendry. Hendry will get his paragraph when I know who he is up against in the next round.

And Beechy where in that article does it say that Matthew told me he was tired? I am telling you of his hectic schedule.

Comment

The headline is inconclusive. It could mean that he withdrew from the tournament. Adding "knocked" before out would have clarified
          sigpic
          Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
            All I'm reading is excuses for why Stevens was demolished, and no credit to Hendry who played superbly.
            Good call mate. Credit where it's due stephen was excellent today but doubt he can keep that form going nowadays.
            As for Matthew's hectic schedule being a cause of defeat, he was beaten by the better player on the day. I remember stephen winning 9 finals in one season in the early 90's, no mention of tiredness or burn out there if i remember correctly?
            Last edited by tai pichit; 28 March 2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

i agree with ferret the article is about matthew not hendry
              Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
                Couldnt agree more! Nevermind, SOME of us can appreciate Hendry's performance - lets hope he has a good run in China and carries it on at Sheffield!
                I Love Snook!

Comment

Working...
                X