TSB - Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Ding Junhui has accepted a fine of £2,000 for failing to notify Tournament Officials of a medical condition that resulted in him not competing to the best of his ability in Euro Players Tour Championship event three earlier this season. During the match against Liang Wenbo in Russelsheim, Germany, on 23 October 2010 Ding *did ... Continue Reading

More...

Well, this just dont sit well with me and i feel the authorities need to adhere some fluency in their disciplinary decisions eh..

So, ding turns up, shows poor form and get's penalised eh, ron don't even bother turning up to a few tourney's and gets NOWT. hmmmm...

Obviously i can see the reasoning in the decision on ding considering the things that have gone on over the past year and they need to show that their clamping down and showing players they will not accept any of this and that etc... but c'mon, why don't ron get pulled up on his lack of sportsmanship by not even bothering too turn up to a few tourney's. i feel this is deserved of a disciplinary just as much as ding, if not even more so...

I love ron and all that but i feel he should have been pulled up a long time ago for his conduct at times.
    Last edited by cally; 11 April 2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Yes, when it comes to disciplinary procedure, some seem to be more equal than others.

-
      Last edited by PatBlock; 11 April 2011, 04:08 PM. Reason: typo
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
        Well, this just dont sit well with me and i feel the authorities need to adhere some fluency in their disciplinary decisions eh..

So, ding turns up, shows poor form and get's penalised eh, ron don't even bother turning up to a few tourney's and gets NOWT. hmmmm...

Obviously i can see the reasoning in the decision on ding considering the things that have gone on over the past year and they need to show that their clamping down and showing players they will not accept any of this and that etc... but c'mon, why don't ron get pulled up on his lack of sportsmanship by not even bothering too turn up to a few tourney's. i feel this is deserved of a disciplinary just as much as ding, if not even more so...

I love ron and all that but i feel he should have been pulled up a long time ago for his conduct at times.
        ffs

it was not poor form it was blatantly setting up a frame winning clearance for another player.

Comment

I think this is about Ding smashing the whole pack open in one of the frames against Liang, isnt it...
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

ffs

it was not poor form it was blatantly setting up a frame winning clearance for another player.
            Ok calm down fella... You can take 'poor form' in any context you like but it was none the less 'poor form' either way you look it at...

FFS to you too...

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
              ok calm down fella... You can take 'poor form' in any context you like but it was none the less 'poor form' either way you look it at...

Ffs to you too...

lol............................................... ...........

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                I think this is about Ding smashing the whole pack open in one of the frames against Liang, isnt it...
                I think so, it´s somewhere on Youtube, and it looks very strange. The thing with Ronnie is, you can´t judge him on anything before this season, and there´s a big difference between beeing uninspired and not hitting the ball well and then opening the pack the way Ding did. Anyway I feel quite comfortable that Barry Hearns will take hand on O´Sullivan if he made a walkout like the one he did against Hendry in 2006 or bad behaviour.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                  I think so, it´s somewhere on Youtube, and it looks very strange. The thing with Ronnie is, you can´t judge him on anything before this season, and there´s a big difference between beeing uninspired and not hitting the ball well and then opening the pack the way Ding did. Anyway I feel quite comfortable that Barry Hearns will take hand on O´Sullivan if he made a walkout like the one he did against Hendry in 2006 or bad behaviour.
                  yes this is a new way of doing things.

what happened with Rodney Walker is history now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                    Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIgYk62vOkc

Comment

My understanding is that Ding did not gain anything (no side betting or anything like that) from losing this match, so they have decided to fine him for basically not trying his best to win rather than fixing a match.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I think it's a bit strange tbh. Players should be allowed to smash into the pack off the break off isf they want to. It's just an incredibly low percentage shot. We can't fine players for taking low percentage pots on that leave your opponent in amongst the balls to clear up!

I know that many will say his motivation for smashing the pack was cos he was ill and was just handing it to Liang on a plate to get out of there, (which is true and we all know that's what he was doing) but, this is a dangerous precident to set.

They should be able to play whatever shots they want regardless of what it may or may not "mean". Very dangerous road to go down fining people for not trying 100%.
                        Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                          I think it's a bit strange tbh. Players should be allowed to smash into the pack off the break off isf they want to. It's just an incredibly low percentage shot. We can't fine players for taking low percentage pots on that leave your opponent in amongst the balls to clear up!

I know that many will say his motivation for smashing the pack was cos he was ill and was just handing it to Liang on a plate to get out of there, (which is true and we all know that's what he was doing) but, this is a dangerous precident to set.

They should be able to play whatever shots they want regardless of what it may or may not "mean". Very dangerous road to go down fining people for not trying 100%.

I do agree however if you watch the video it is clear that ding was not playing a low percentage shot. He played it with the pace to open them up nicely for liang and leave the white around the black spot. If this sort of thing happened regularly it would obviously kill the sport. Smashing the pack off the break off I wouldn't mind people doing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
                            I do agree however if you watch the video it is clear that ding was not playing a low percentage shot. He played it with the pace to open them up nicely for liang and leave the white around the black spot. If this sort of thing happened regularly it would obviously kill the sport. Smashing the pack off the break off I wouldn't mind people doing.
                            I do agree that it's probably not good for the sport, but, anyone who did this too often would slip down the rankings and wouldn't win many matches!

Personally that's enough of a gaurd against it really. No way the governing body should start fining people for playing a particular type of shot.
                            Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

I think it´s because the shadows of matchfixing are hanging so low over the sport, that Hearns felt he had to react. Quiten Hann also did smash the pack some times, but it was always, when he was in an angry mood over the running of the balls. But I can sure see your worries about this. I remember sometime, when Ronnie O´Sullivan ended a frame with enough points on, and it´s not the best sportsmanship, but can be a way to get on to the next frame in order to turn things around.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X