TSB - Ronnie gone walkabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Ronnie gone walkabout

Well not quite a walkabout as a runabout, around midnight on monday (18th) Ronnie O’Sullivan tweeted his old school pal and Radio / TV Presenter Andy Gouldstein, the message was clear for all to see “Run with me this week”, if you had been suffering a back injury and had to pull out of the ... Continue Reading

Click to read on TSB

Very disappointed to hear this , as i gave him the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that he actually made the effort and got to Thailand .

Over to Mr Hearn to sort out now .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Hmm thats interesting and how about medical check on players who withdrawn cos of medical reasons
      2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
      2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

zzzzzz i was looking forward to seeing him play with my bare eyes. Looks like its never gonna happen. John Higgins also out, no body to look forward to watch besides Mark Shaun and Neil

Comment

Who says he isn't trying to recover? It depends what injuries he had - running surely does not afect the neck and shoulders in quite the same way as stretching across a snooker table?

Comment

Around 25 years ago I was the National Marketing Manager for a large furniture manufacturer. I found myself traveling interstate on a regular basis, although it was a top job and the CEO was a top guy and a friend, I found living out of a suitcase wasn't the way I wanted to live so, I gave it away 12 months after starting. Ronnie may well be in the same position I found myself, perhaps he doesn't like living out of a suitcase, perhaps his choice is to be near his family. I think members of this forum should worry about their own situations rather than bashing Ronnie every chance they get. He is arguably the greatest player we are ever likely to see, we should deem it a privilege we get to see him play at all, it will be a sad day when he walks away from the game. Why should anyone have to enter a tournament they simply do not want to play. I see many members on this forum passing judgement on O'S when it is very likely they have never accomplished anything in their own life .... get off his back and consider yourself lucky every time you do get to see him play.
            Last edited by blinky88; 20 July 2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

That crafty cat. I have a feeling he's going to have a good seasn though.... And why would you want to watch higgins play anyway? ********** ******* ******* ************

OFFENSIVE REMARKS TOWARDS ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER REMOVED
              Last edited by ferret; 21 July 2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                Around 25 years ago I was the National Marketing Manager for a large furniture manufacturer. I found myself traveling interstate on a regular basis, although it was a top job and the CEO was a top guy and a friend, I found living out of a suitcase wasn't the way I wanted to live so, I gave it away 12 months after starting. Ronnie may well be in the same position I found myself, perhaps he doesn't like living out of a suitcase, perhaps his choice is to be near his family. I think members of this forum should worry about their own situations rather than bashing Ronnie every chance they get. He is arguably the greatest player we are ever likely to see, we should deem it a privilege we get to see him play at all, it will be a sad day when he walks away from the game. Why should anyone have to enter a tournament they simply do not want to play. I see many members on this forum passing judgement on O'S when it is very likely they have never accomplished anything in their own life .... get off his back and consider yourself lucky every time you do get to see him play.
                He is a professional Sportsman.....Nobody asks him top be a Snooker player that was his decision if he dont want to travel he should find another job.....a snooker player that dont want to travel is turning snooker in to even a bigger joke than its ever been....would Roger Federer do that ? how about David Beckham maybe Lewis Hamilton would prefer to have the Brazilian Grand Prix in Silverstone ???

Comment

I think he should have gone even if he did have a bad back. He has a resposibility to promote the game that made him a millionaire, he has a resonability to show up for his fans, he has a responsibility to show up for the promoters of the game.

I think he should be fined, docked (more) ranking points, banned from (another) major event at home, or all of these things should it be proved that he went on some marathon run whilst crying off sick. He has a history of pulling out of events overseas such as China, Malta etc., and I think it is unfair on the other professionals who turn up no matter what. Many players are trying their best in qualifying to make the plane for this event, yet he makes it a mockery. Barry hearn take note

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
                    I think he should have gone even if he did have a bad back. He has a resposibility to promote the game that made him a millionaire, he has a resonability to show up for his fans, he has a responsibility to show up for the promoters of the game.

I think he should be fined, docked (more) ranking points, banned from (another) major event at home, or all of these things should it be proved that he went on some marathon run whilst crying off sick. He has a history of pulling out of events overseas such as China, Malta etc., and I think it is unfair on the other professionals who turn up no matter what. Many players are trying their best in qualifying to make the plane for this event, yet he makes it a mockery. Barry hearn take note
                    You are so wrong! Problem is not with Ronnie O'Sullivan, he has done similar things lots of time in the past. He know that he can do almost anything, and he will get unpunished, because Barry Hearn is too week to the right things with discipline in snooker. We all know how Hearn has give a pass to Higgins in fixing scandal, with very light punisment! So Ronnie knows, that after Higgins affair, that he can do what ever he want, because he knows that he is number one star in snooker and that Hearn would not make him any problem.
                    Crosnooker @ Twitter Crosnooker @ Facebook

Comment

[QUOTE=crosnooker;590317]You are so wrong! Problem is not with Ronnie O'Sullivan, he has done similar things lots of time in the past. He know that he can do almost anything, and he will get unpunished, because Barry Hearn is too week to the right things with discipline in snooker. We all know how Hearn has give a pass to Higgins in fixing scandal, with very light punisment! So Ronnie knows, that after Higgins affair, that he can do what ever he want, because he knows that he is number one star in snooker and that Hearn would not make him any problem.[/Fans are the reason that there is a professional game. Ronnie has shown total disrespect to his fans who would be bought tickets based on his participation. If does no change his attitidue then he shoudl walk away for the good of the game]

Comment

Hi wildJONESEYE's,

It's very obvious we have different opinions. I hope he never walks away from the game as should every member herein ..ie.. regardless of how many tournaments he chooses to play. The examples of prof sportsmen you named in NO WAY relate to O'S as they are under contract and members of a team. I cannot think of any individual prof who doesn't have the right to choose the tournaments he plays in. Your comment is completely irrelevant to what I have said.
                        Last edited by blinky88; 23 July 2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                          Hi wildJONESEYE's,

It's very obvious we have different opinions. I hope he never walks away from the game as should every member herein ..ie.. regardless of how many tournaments he chooses to play. The examples of prof sportsmen you named in NO WAY relate to O'S as they are under contract and members of a team. I cannot think of any individual prof who doesn't have the right to choose the tournaments he plays in. Your comment is completely irrelevant to what I have said.
                          Roger Federer is a member of team federer and if the others did not want to travel they wouldn't have chose a sport to play in.

he has a contract every main tour player has signed a contract before the start of the season and telling the paying public Ronnie O'Sullivan will be appearing only for him to turn back in Bangkok is borderline con job.

id rather he comes out and say i cant commit to overseas events so that everyone knows the score rather than this fannying about will he wont he bollox.

Comment

Hi wildJONESEYE's,

I do not know if such a contract exists or not, that said, if I was in O'S shoes there isn't any way I would sign a contract to attend every tournament. I'll repeat what I said earlier, it will be a very sad day when walks away from the game. Most of the top pros. in any sport are paid an attendance fee, I'll bet Barry Hearn does not pay any player an attendance fee.
                            Last edited by blinky88; 24 July 2011, 03:49 PM. Reason: more to say

Comment

I keep hearing that there's a lot more to Ronnie pulling out than back and neck problems. Anyone know anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X