TSB - OSullivan Apologises For Comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - OSullivan Apologises For Comment

In a statement from World Snooker today, Ronnie O’Sullivan apologises for comments made in a national newspaper last week, the apology comes after a complaint was made to WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson last week by a member of the public. The statement is below; Ronnie O’Sullivan has issued a formal apology for using the word more .....

Click to read on TSB

Poor choice of word in hindsight ....but at least he has apologised . Just as heat of the moment comment .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I swear to god, if this idiot had a brain he'd be dangerous.

Yes Ronnie, having to travel around the world to play snooker for large sums of money in order to obtain ranking points is very similar to being subjected to an unlawful, unconsentual, terrifying and personally violating experience that will stay with you for the rest of your life, to which most victims will never fully recover. I can see the similarities now...

Is it just me, or is the majority of what Ronnie does -
      a) Complain about lack of money/number of tournaments/playing conditions
      b) Open his mouth and say or do something inappropriate
      c) Pay a fine and have to apologize for b)
      d) Whine about how he can't be bothered with the game any more and is going to retire. (the sooner the better)

I'm not saying he doesn't have a god given talent at his chosen profession. On his day he is incredible to watch and simply a magician at the game. It is just the fact that away from the table, the guy is a pleb!

*MEMO TO RONNIE* In future, engage brain, then engage mouth. DO NOT, under any circumstances reverse this order!
      If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
        ...I'm not saying he doesn't have a god given talent at his chosen profession. On his day he is incredible to watch and simply a magician at the game. It is just the fact that away from the table, the guy is a pleb!

*MEMO TO RONNIE* In future, engage brain, then engage mouth. DO NOT, under any circumstances reverse this order!
        LOL, I think you're probably right... there's no doubting his tremendous talent on the green baize but off the table... sigh... to put it nicely, he's a flawed genius.
        When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

My personal view, he apologised (end of)

Comment

We are a bit too PC in this country. Ronnie speaks using slang or occasionally vulgar terms at times. No big deal really, he aint all that bad and is quite a funny guy at times actually. Dont get me wrong I hate all that bull he talks when he says he played bad etc., when he knows he hardly missed a shot. Shame that WSA cant fine him or something when he really is being a sarcastic **** but as for this? is there any need? it is just a poor choice of phrase really.

Comment

Personally I hate how sports people in the public eye are expected to behave impeccably and live their lives perfectly just because they are a role model to sports fans. Why should a persons talent for a sport or vocation dictate who they are? I mean yes in an ideal world if you are in the public gallery one should try and behave responsibly if possible, but, it should not be expected as a pre-requisite. Being talented and the best at something does not automatically qualify you to be sensible or even decent morally, it helps of course but should never be expected. Ronnie is a snooker player not a life coach and can make mistakes like everyone else. Wayne Rooney is a footballer from a working class background but people frown and are shocked when he swears profanities on the pitch. Why? Society needs to get real sometimes because life is not perfect and neither are people, however "perfect" they seem to be in their chosen profession.

Comment

I think the BBC story omitted that part of it, as when I read the same story on sky last week ans saw thwe "raped" comment I thought "That's ridiculous", but then he is something of a pantomime figure and always has been - hell of a player, probably a nice guy but I don't really care about that side of things. Glad he's apologised.

Comment

storm in a teas cup. you ignore this king of stuff, in fact whoever had the time to complain needs to sort their life out as well maybe!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cain29 View Post
                    Personally I hate how sports people in the public eye are expected to behave impeccably and live their lives perfectly just because they are a role model to sports fans. Why should a persons talent for a sport or vocation dictate who they are? I mean yes in an ideal world if you are in the public gallery one should try and behave responsibly if possible, but, it should not be expected as a pre-requisite. Being talented and the best at something does not automatically qualify you to be sensible or even decent morally, it helps of course but should never be expected. Ronnie is a snooker player not a life coach and can make mistakes like everyone else. Wayne Rooney is a footballer from a working class background but people frown and are shocked when he swears profanities on the pitch. Why? Society needs to get real sometimes because life is not perfect and neither are people, however "perfect" they seem to be in their chosen profession.
                    My thoughts exactly....

Comment

Originally Posted by cain29 View Post
                      How right you are.

Comment

Back in 1982, Kirk Stevens said playing exhibition matches made him feel like a prostitute. There was no outcry at the time. A player would be crucified by the media for saying such a thing today.

Comment

Maguire said that a few weeks ago and he did not get into trouble
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

There is a difference between a prostitute and a rape victim.
                            One of them makes a choice to do what they do, the other is assaulted without their consent. If the prostitute is forced into that line of work, then they are not a prostitute, they are victims as well, but the ones that choose to do it for what ever reason are not.

He has apologized though, and said it was a poor choice of words, so fair enough. Just wish he'd thiink before speaking.
                            If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
                            X