TSB - Legend Davis Hopes He’s Got Another Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Legend Davis Hopes He’s Got Another Decade

Steve Davis sees no end in sight to his snooker career as he looks ahead to competing in the Wyldecrest Parks World Seniors Championship in Peterborough this weekend. Davis is by far the oldest player on the professional tour at 54 but is still ranked inside the world’s top 48 and reached the quarter-finals of more .....

Click to read on TSB

Best of luck in the seniors steve...

Comment

the draw
      tony drago v steve davis
      dean o'kane v neal foulds
      karl townsend v steve ventham
      john parrott v joe jonhson
      first round....from 1pm...saturday

jimmy white v tony knowles
      nigel bond v dennis taylor
      gary wilkinson v darren morgan
      cliff thorburn v doug mountjoy
      from 7pm...saturday..

quarter-finals....1pm sunday
      semi-finals..and..final....7pm sunday..

Comment

The title gets it right - Legend Davis.......

I think its amazing how his targets have changed over the years, but still remain realistic. When he was younger, his target was to win everything in sight, which he pretty much did. Mid 90's his target was remain in the top 8, which he did. 2000's was to remain top 16, which he (mostly did) and even now it is to remain on the tour, which considering the standard of players, is a tough one, but realistic for him. Other notable players have called it a day and retired when they drop out of the top 16 or 32 or whatever, but Steve still has the love and dedication to keep going and living the dream!

Good luck to him, as he truly is a fantastic ambassador and credit to the game.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by deant1982 View Post
          The title gets it right - Legend Davis.......

I think its amazing how his targets have changed over the years, but still remain realistic. When he was younger, his target was to win everything in sight, which he pretty much did. Mid 90's his target was remain in the top 8, which he did. 2000's was to remain top 16, which he (mostly did) and even now it is to remain on the tour, which considering the standard of players, is a tough one, but realistic for him. Other notable players have called it a day and retired when they drop out of the top 16 or 32 or whatever, but Steve still has the love and dedication to keep going and living the dream!

Good luck to him, as he truly is a fantastic ambassador and credit to the game.
          spot on mate, good luck to him, hope hes still in the game for years to come

Comment

bookmakers ,fav---is nigel bond????

Can't believe Doug Mountjoy is 69 years old
            Last edited by choice; 4 November 2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

might be down to bond winning a torny not long ago

Comment

He must win a tournament since he deserves for keeping his nerves all this time at this age. Such a wonderful textbook player. My role model and has a lot to do why I play snooker hats off to such a true LEGEND!!!
                "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
                X