TSB - Darren Morgan takes Seniors title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Darren Morgan takes Seniors title

Darren Morgan saw off a series of snooker legends to win the Wyldecrest Parks World Seniors Championship. Welshman Morgan beat Cliff Thorburn, Jimmy White and Steve Davis on the final day of the event at the East of England Showground in Peterborough to take the £18,000 top prize. In fact the 45-year-old from Newport won more .....

Click to read on TSB

Be nice if the winner and runner up of this event got a wildcard into the masters too.

Its not all about up and coming youngsters.
    Great event, like to see it again next year without the gimmics 30 sec clock etc.,

Comment

Why all matches the best of 3 though??? If this competition is to continue and prosper, surely the competitors should be given more opportunity to get into gear?

Comment

I think that was due to television commitments/timescale of having it all on one day but for what it is worth I do agree with you. This event is very popular and can only grow along with the legends tour which is also quite a success.

I really enjoy these promotions.

Comment

Do you know when it will be aired on TV?

Comment

dont think it will be aired on tv as sky had all the rights to it

Comment

Originally Posted by 1blonde View Post
              Be nice if the winner and runner up of this event got a wildcard into the masters too.

Its not all about up and coming youngsters.
              Great event, like to see it again next year without the gimmics 30 sec clock etc.,
              not sure about the wild card entry for the masters!!!
              but most deffo agree with you about the shot clock. maybe they could keep it for the earlier rounds to stop people falling asleep but certainly they could lose the shot clock in the semi's and the final, think that would be great

Comment

Love the seniors event, would be great to see senior snooker grow and possibly have a senior tour of some kind.

The crowds would be as good if not better than the main tour at times i feel.

It looks like it defo can grow, i don't know how much but theres defo room for some sort of senior snooker to be a success.

My only gripes about the tourney is the short format (spesh for the old boys) to get going a bit.
                They could have at least made the final a best of 5.. i was under the impression it was best of 5 for the final for some reason, i dunno why...lol. but not too clever for a final really of ANY kind to be best of 3 imo?

And the ball in hand after 3 misses. HATE THAT RULE, seen it spoil a few too many matches already this season for my liking.

All in all, a great event and i enjoyed it more than i enjoy some of the main events tbh.

Great stuff. I really do hope it can build and we possibly get to see more senior snooker. spesh with some of the players that will be eligable in the coming years...

Oh yeah, i know darren is local to me (from down the road) but i soooo wanted steve to win (hoping he would get a prem league spot next year..D'oh..)

Comment

I think the seniors event was great to watch but i agree longer format of frames needed to get the real player on form to pick up the winners trophie.

Comment

does Darren Morgan qualify for the Premier league or is he disqualified as hes not on the tour ? Jimmy White got in This Season because of his seniors victory
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                      does Darren Morgan qualify for the Premier league or is he disqualified as hes not on the tour ? Jimmy White got in This Season because of his seniors victory
                      Let's hope darren don't get in the PL, i have been wondering it myself... Let's hope not eh....

As far as i'm concerned jimmy shoulda never been in this year.

He was terrible in it, and no way should have taken place of a few other players that SHOULD Hve got in.

I don't want to see darren in the prem league that's for sure.

I want to see the 'cream of the crop' not some boring average player at best in the prem.

Harsh maybe, but true.

Comment

Darren is a class act and still one of the best 40 plus aged players around .

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                          Let's hope darren don't get in the PL, i have been wondering it myself... Let's hope not eh....

As far as i'm concerned jimmy shoulda never been in this year.

He was terrible in it, and no way should have taken place of a few other players that SHOULD Hve got in.

I don't want to see darren in the prem league that's for sure.

I want to see the 'cream of the crop' not some boring average player at best in the prem.

Harsh maybe, but true.
                          Don't you have to win a tournament to qualify? Therefore, everyone in it this year earned their place. If someone wants to be in it next year, they know what they have to do. That said, aren't ronnie and Steve Davis already in it?

Comment

Originally Posted by beechy1212 View Post
                            Don't you have to win a tournament to qualify? Therefore, everyone in it this year earned their place. If someone wants to be in it next year, they know what they have to do. That said, aren't ronnie and Steve Davis already in it?
                            The rules were just made up to accomodate jimmy this season bud, so i dunno what the score is, who knows what we might get next yr eh...

Comment

Working...
                            X