TSB - Mark Allen to face disciplinary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - Mark Allen to face disciplinary

World Snooker has made the following statement saying that they have passed the issue of Mark Allen swearing in a press*conference*yesterday onto The WPBSA’s disciplinary committee. Is this a little dig at Mark for saying that Barry Hearn should resign? well year probably because I see no statements being made saying that they have forwarded more .....

Click to read on TSB

A bit of a silly comparison, really, between what Mike Dunn says on Twitter and what Mark Allen says at a press conference of a WSA event.

Comment

Not really they are all swearing in public, you can not have one rule for one and one rule for another.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        Not really they are all swearing in public, you can not have one rule for one and one rule for another.
        Well if I swear during my working hours I will (rightly) be disciplined, but as far as I know there is no such restriction in what I do in my private life.

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
          If I tell people on here that my boss should f off that's not the same as doing it in the middle of a meeting on my boss's time - I don't think they can police what's said outside of tournament play, whereas they can certainly punish someone for doing it during an official press conference - as indeed was the case with Ronnie's China outburst.

Comment

Under the codes of conduct each play signs as part of their contract they agree to behave in a gentlemanly manner and swearing wither in a press conference, on Twitter, Facebook or in a public place is all the same when you are not only representing yourself but also a sport.

Comment

Well of course I haven't the depth of knowledge you have about the sport but I'd be surprised if it were enforceable - freedom of speech and all that. I haven't seen the version where he swears, to be honest- the clip I saw was pretty tame, but still not the sort of thing to say to the assembled press.

Comment

well well well, it just gets worse......

LMAO.. pathetic.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ark-Allen.html

Comment

It would depend on the policies and procedures with each individual company/organisation. A lot of work places now state that employees are not allowed to abuse other members of staff, management or the company they work for outside of work. Thisespecially applies to social networking sites. You have to be so careful.

Comment

I think Mark Allen is trying to be too much like Alex Higgins. He seriously needs to grow up. Too many spoily brats in Snooker and sport these days. They don't know how lucky they are.

Comment

Mountain out of a molehill for me! Allen has a right to an opinion, and his opinion about the reduced number of frames at the UK is spot-on - absolutely no need for it, especially after Hearn said it wouldn't happen. Obviously the swear word was inappropriate but it's hardly the crime of the century. It seems everything Allen says these days is jumped on - the whole Bingham 'feud' being another case in point, when he was painted as the bad guy and Bingham the good guy. I also don't think he's trying to be like anybody - he's just being himself. Threats to sue by Hearn, if true, are cringeworthy. Allen is a great player with a bit of personality and brings a lot of excitement to the sport - would be nice to see him lifting the title this week as he's overdue a win.
                      'I think the the 1972 World Championship was the coming of the saviour - myself'!! Alex Higgins 1972

Comment

Working...
                      X