No announcement yet.

TSB - Ronnie O’Sullivan Statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred was interviewed at the WC and gave the impression he was very happy with his relationship with World Snooker, so I'm a little confused now.

If Fred pulled out, the only sponsor big enough to support the WC would be Chinese. It would be bye-bye Crucible, hello Shanghai or Beijing. So I hope that doesn't happen.
    Last edited by FOXMULDER; 6 June 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Just posted on World Snooker site

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn today confirmed that all players on the World Snooker Tour for the 2012/13 season have signed the official players' contract, other than Ronnie O'Sullivan, who is therefore not currently eligible to compete in any World Snooker sanctioned event.
      The contract was prepared and agreed in conjunction with the WPBSA and following consultation with the Snooker Players Association.
      Hearn said: "As much as we will miss Ronnie O'Sullivan in World Snooker events, we simply can't make exceptions for one player's individual requirements. Our duty is to treat all of the players equally.
      "Ronnie is at liberty to enter our events and play on the circuit at any time, once he agrees to abide by the rules of the players' contract."

Comment

I believe O'S is the greatest player to ever pick up a cue, in fact, Hendry used those words about O'S and I guess he would know. IMO Barry Hearn doesn't start thinking about the players the big losers will be the fans. IMO thousands of viewers would be extremely upset if O'S and a couple of others were to drop out because of the Hearn contract. I cannot think of one sport where a player has to enter all tournaments ..ie.. with the exception of being part of a team. I sincerely hope we get to a lot more of O'S, it will not be the same without him.

Comment

So far as I'm aware, nobody is obligated to enter every tournament, are they? Ronnie's always said his ranking doesn't bother him because he will have no trouble qualifying if the need arises.

Comment

No you are correct, each event has a entry pack and with PTC events they come is blocks of 3 or 4 you choose which events you want to enter and pay the relevant fees for the events via the online entry system.

Comment

'any World Snooker sanctioned event'

I assume with Barry now in charge, the Premier League is a World Snooker sanctioned event? and therefore even if he had wanted to enter it, he can not without signing the contract?

Was the Premier League not completely un-related to World Snooker previously?

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                No you are correct, each event has a entry pack and with PTC events they come is blocks of 3 or 4 you choose which events you want to enter and pay the relevant fees for the events via the online entry system.
                which begs the question why has ronnie not signed the contract?
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I think deep down Barry knows he is in big trouble, he has lost two of the biggest draws in the game within a few months due to the changes he has made. He'll end up with a tour of spotty faced kids who can't even play the game. I think the changes made to the rankings are detrimental to the game and the pressure to stay in the top sixteen will kill of any flair left in the game now Ronnie has gone.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    which begs the question why has ronnie not signed the contract?
                    I suspect that if we were able to see a copy of the new player's contract, we would have little trouble in spotting the bit(s) that Ronnie is unhappy with.

Just a gut feeling.

Comment

Off with Barrys head

Comment

he talks about the average working man doing 50 weeks a year actually they dont they have a minimum olf about 28 days leave which is 5 and a half working weeks
                        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics
                          Looks like Darth Vader and the Empire have won. Joy. It's goodbye to players with a mind, family, personality, charisma, or life. Welcome to a world ruled by droids who never complain, do as they're told and follow orders. Welcome to the Professional Snooker Corporation where tournaments have an increasing circus theme and the sport's ethos is gone for good. Very sad day. Can't blame ROS for not signing the contract, if it's obvious that the penalties make it impossible to keep playing. He was prepared to carry on playing, but slip down the rankings if he missed tournaments. Seems like he adopted a compromise position but it wasn't enough for the totalitarian Hearn. Sorry Ronnie, you don't get time off when your in the circus. Hopefully, he'll make a few Legends tours and I can see him, tickets will fly.
                          it would be fairer if they didnt pay fees to play in tournaments how is a [player just getting started meant to pay over a grand per tournament its over 30 grand a season they pay
                          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                            I suspect that if we were able to see a copy of the new player's contract, we would have little trouble in spotting the bit(s) that Ronnie is unhappy with.

Just a gut feeling.
                            you could well be right
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                              Off with Barrys head
                              I think we could all club together for a guillotine there mate. I'm in.
                              Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

he will sign it just before the uk championship draw me thinks remember as world champion he keeps his seeding throughout the season

Comment

Working...
                                X